Thread: Replacing the Drive Chains

Thanks

Replacing the Drive Chains

Hello all! Does anyone know how to replace the drive chain?

Thanks
    I think its pretty straightforward, I had the chains almost off when I replaced gears in the transmission. I looked and did not find a master link in the chain, so some dis-assembly was required, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Secure the gator on jack stands, take all 4 rear wheels off, loosen rear wheel mount assemblies.

2. If i remember correctly, you'll have to completely remove the more forward rear wheel mount, as it has a "sleeve" connecting it to the trans output shaft which the chain goes around. The rear mount is the one that controls the tension of the chain, and there is an adjuster located in the back. There should be an access hole that you can get a deep 10mm socket on to loosen/tighten the chain.

3. Once the wheel mounts are loose/removed, the chain should come right off, put the new chain in place, re install the front wheel mount, making sure the chain is already on the sprocket before reinserting the wheel mount into the sleeve. Then adjust the tension using the aforementioned chain adjuster on the rear mount. See this link for checking tension https://manuals.deere.com/cceomview/O...5603_I612.html Then tighten the rear mount, and remount the wheels/tires.