Thread: 6x4 making noise and grinding.

Thanks

6x4 making noise and grinding.

I finally got my new/old gator going.

At first start up it is really hard to shift into gear. High speed grinding like there are no synchronizes. Which there may not be. This goes away after a few minutes of idling. Then it shifts fairly reasonably.

When I get it in gear I get some noise assuming from the clutch that sounds very similar to a bad engine knock.

Any info is greatly appreciated. I am happy to have it running just need to get these issues squared away.

Thanks
    Since you are having trouble shifting into gear but it gets better after a few minutes of idling I'm wondering if the primary/drive clutch is partially engaging? Is the engine idling faster at first but idles slower after a few minutes? When you start it and it's still in neutral take a look a the drive belt to see if it's moving.

Are you getting the knocking sound only when in gear? Does it knock when you are in gear but not moving or only when you are driving?
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires