Thread: What are you pulling with your 825?

Thanks

What are you pulling with your 825?

Anyone use their 825, or Gator in general for pulling discs, etc... for food plots? Wondering what you guys are using or recommend?

Been looking online, would like a disc for the small food plots I have. I see Kolpin makes stuff, anyone now how the 3point hitch sets-up? Is their wiring you have to do on the gator for it?

Otherwise there any decent equipment to use via just pull behind with the receiver hitch/draw bar and ball?

I also see Tractor Supply has some things as well.

Thanks for any input! And yes I am counting down till the 825 is delivered

Thanks
    I might be missing something, but 3 points are for tractors. They use hydraulics to lift two arms on the back of the machine with a 3rd connection (top link) above the two hydraulically driven lift arms. I have Never seen one on anything besides tractors, and probably never will.

As for pulling stuff in the fields, weight and traction will be a concern not HP. I use a small tractor rated at 30 hp to plow and pull a disc. The gator would never pull either. I use the gator for the drag, roller, sprayer, spreading fertilizer etc. Now that being said, there are implements that will pull behind the gator just fine, just nothing that will attach by 3 point. Look for implements that are pulled with a normal hitch. Most of these styles (that I have seen) are cheap and light, not suited for "real" farm work.

Good luck,

Abe

Thanks
    I have to eat crow, I just typed in "3 point for utv" in the goog, and I guess they do exist. Sorry- I have no experience with these. Since I have never seen one or heard of one, I would guess that they are not very practical???

Thanks
    I was going to say look up Kolpin, they do make a 3 point... I am looking for something more to just pull by the hitch, so if anyone wants to chime in, feel free:)

Thanks
    I pull an implement called the firminator. It is a heavy duty disc, seeder, and caltpacker all in one....and I have no problem:)