Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our new Gator

Thanks

Our new Gator

The wife stopped by the JD dealer to pay for the Gator while I was at work and took the opportunity to take some pics. After it is delivered tomorrow, I will take some higher rez shots with the good camera.

Order place: July 15, Arrived at dealer: 8/19 (supposedly shipped last Tuesday)

Options:
    • Bucket seats
    • Poly Roof - looks difference than the 2012 model I saw
    • Guards front/rear
    • Bed with sprayed in liner
    • Taillights
    • Mid-range lights aimed to the rear
    • Rear Screen
    • CV Guards
    • Matts
    • Glass Windshield
    • Alloy wheels with fancy tires (ride a lot better than stock)

I think it needs a winch...

I will also apply some Mothers Spray Wax for some basic protection.
    Last edited by Bunky; 08-20-2013 at 06:35 PM.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Looks bad ass. I dig those lights in the back. I have the stock tires on mine and your right about the ride. It's feels like rumble bars when coming to a stop.

Thanks
    Nice buggy. Superwinch Terra 4500 fits ever so nicely in that hole. Great winch for the money. Lots of guys use Superwinches on here. I use mine for everything including plowing.
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    I can't believe how much I use my rear facing lights. Since the tools & stuff are in the bed I end up using them a lot as work lights.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Sweet!!!! 825i some real go power looks great!

Thanks
    It was delivered today and did a quick spin in the field and up in the woods -- rides so nice with the upgraded tires.
    After turning around on a narrow trail, power steering would be a nice but not a must. The guards are definitely a must and looking at the CV joint guards also a definite must have given they are exposed for running over saplings, etc.

The most interesting aspects so far: 1) dinky oil filter. My Scotts (JD) and Husquarna mowers (both use Koehler engines) use a larger oil filter and 2) interesting air intake with a rubber small mouth opening.

It looks very maintainable with most parts seem to have obvious attachments.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    After delivery and in the woods.....We took it up today with a trimmer, chain saw, and limb cutters to clear out the old logging road..then it started to rain..

In the garage...

Angle shots

CV Joint shields...

Chery motor

Tail light guards

the dumper...no power assist

air cleaner with inlet nipple

more CV joint shields..dealer left plastic ones in place

ready for a winch and something to fill those holes

Under the hood with storage tray (fairly flimsy no secure attachment...just gravity) in place. The wiring harness seemed to prevent it from sitting properly. Radiator and brake reservoir

Under the storage tray.. area where JD winch solenoid mounts

Accessory fuses attach to a frame member,, I assume asscessories are the 12V ports on dash and console

Circuit box. includes a tie wrap around box

Battery under passenger's seat. The spec sheet says 340CA but battery is 450CA / 45 AH

Windshield motor and Switch box for rear lights*

Rear pointing work lights

Instrument panel

CV joint shields again

Lower shields..access to oil filer

Al

Thanks
    Very nice, I'm drooling over that fuel gauge but can't bring myself to trade in my 12' for a 13' or 14' to get the nice fuel gauge.

Thanks
    Great looking ride!!! I will be ordering one in the next week or so. 825i in camo. Not quite as many options as yours...yours is bad ass.

Thanks
    I saw that rubber nipple on the air filter, too. I think that thing is a water drain for the separator stage in the filter, which actually draws air from inside the battery box. I like your glass windshield a lot. Your 4wd switch is different from mine. Also different headlight switch to match style. Instead of I/O, mine has 2wd / 4wd and the 4wd illuminates when selected (also has icon in dash same as yours). I was able to move my switch a slot to the left so I can see it while driving, couldn't do that on your dash. Where you have the 4wd / 2wd labels and a picture of the icon, I just have a smooth place on the dash that puzzled me until now. Mine was built in May but shipped in late June when I ordered it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast