Thread: 2006 Pro Gator 2020 Loading up, Missing, smoking, Need Help!

Thanks

2006 Pro Gator 2020 Loading up, Missing, smoking, Need Help!

Hey Guys, I have a 06 pro gator 5 speed with the yanmar 3 cylinder gas engine that I can not get running right. I do not know it's history or what happened that may of caused this running issue, unfortunately this is how I got it. First, it has a extended crank time in my opinion, around 3 to 4 seconds of cranking then once started runs very poor. It will sit there and idle as long as you want "around 1100 rpm's" but smokes the whole time. If you hold the gas pedal to the floor is rev's straight to about 3400 rpm's, smoking very badly all the way there, then within 5 seconds drops to 3200 rpm's and stays pretty steady and the smoke dies down but you can still see it. I installed new plugs with no change, also installed a inline spark checker and all cylinders are firing. So I moved to the carburetor, took it apart and all the jets where clean. So I installed a new needle valve and gasket and put it back together, no change. I did a compression check too, 180 psi on all three. As I stated the machine smokes very badly at idle and a little at full throttle but no matter what it never stops. You can feel/hear it missing too, it's not bad but it's there. It seems to run out ok though, topping out on flat ground at 17 mph. Also the smoke is black and smells like fuel, I've pulled the plugs back out severely times and there always black and sometimes even wet. I'm starting to wonder about timing, maybe the coils are wired wrong or engine timing itself. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Also if anyone thinks that hearing/seeing the machine run will help them let me know and I can take a video. Thanks Levi
    Last edited by summersracing; 09-17-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Thanks
    I know this is an old thread, but it really sounds like someone fueled it up with Diesel.