Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Running Rich!! HELP!!

Thanks

Running Rich!! HELP!!

My 2011 825i has never given me any problems until now. It takes it a little longer to actually crank up and when it finally does it spudders for a min. Once you go it runs perfect no problems. Also when it does finally crank it has a strong gas smell. If you get off and leave it running and walk behind it, it has an eggy smell to it. It always cranks just spins over for too long and then only spudders for a few seconds but like i said runs great once you go. I just changed the plugs and wires because it was due for it. I also checked the fuel pressure regulator on top of the pump and it seems fine. Please help!!

Thanks
    Mine can be rough starting too.
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    This has just started. It spins over way to long before it cranks and then spits and sputters for a second and the gas fumes are strong.

Thanks
    Someone told me could be O2 sensor or coolant sensor or something. I have no idea and hate to just start buying parts and it not fix the problem.

Thanks
    Have you replaced the air filter?
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Yes the air filter is new

Thanks
    Wouldn't the sensor kick on the check engine light? Mine will do that from time to time but I don't notice the strong gas smell. Any black smoke?
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    825i are known to do this when the fuel regulator inside the fuel tank leaks and causes hard starting when cranking till enough pressure is built up. Need to get a fuel pressure gauge and check fuel pressure when the key is turned on and not cranking, should be around 20-25 psi.

Thanks
    well when this started i tried googling the problem and saw the problems with the regulator so we took the pump out and put in a bucket of gas to see if the regulator was leaking and everything seemed fine. And you can hear the pump and everything priming up when you turn the key on. The only thing we could check was the pressure coming out and the pressure at the fuel rail because didnt have a gauge.

Thanks
    I know this might sound stupid, but check the bottom of your gas tank for a small amount of water that is settled out. I had the exact same symptoms as yours and ended up finding the water in my tank. I pumped it out with electric pump and put new fuel filter in. I also added b12 fuel treatment with fresh gas. It solved my problem. Must have condensed in my gas jugs and then settled out in my tank?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast