Thread: 2000 6x4 primary clutch question

Thanks

2000 6x4 primary clutch question

my primary clutch started hanging the other day and when I pulled the cover off I discovered one of the plastic "buttons" had come off of the spanner. the clutch has very few hours on it and I would like to try putting it back on. I have read you need a spanner wrench to pull the spanner off. it appears I have to remove the spanner before attempting to get this button back on. not sure if I can do this while clutch is still on gator or if it has to be removed. I have read how to make a tool to pull the clutch, but is there a plan to make a tool to pull the spanner off the clutch? can I use a typical 2 or 3 arm puller? is there any way to get a new "button"? john deere only lists the whole spanner with buttons for $175 and I do not need all that! thanks for anyone who can help.

Thanks
    Are you sure you are talking about the drive/primary clutch, the one attached to the engine crankshaft? I'm familiar with the plastic buttons on the ramps of rear/driven clutches but not on the drive/primary.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    yes, it is on the primary. they call them "buttons". there are actually 6 of them which act as glides to the arms that extend out when the engine speeds up and causes the internal ramp to push out.

Thanks
    new to forum. can anyone tell me what year and model my 6x4 is? I am trying to track down an alternator and cant seam to find it!! W006x4x050094 thanks