Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lift and lights

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks

Lift and lights

I had added a 1 3/8" lift to the rear of my Gator earlier this year. Today I added a 1 3/8" lift to the front and installed some cab lights.

Lights and lift.jpg

David in TX
    Last edited by Skillet23; 09-19-2013 at 12:30 PM.
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    Thats nice but we need to "see" these mods. Get out the camera
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    Now does it show the pic?

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    It does show. I like the lift, is it a ready made lift?

Are the green leds on all the time with the headlghts or a separate switch? They could get annoying if you drive a lot at night.

Thanks
    look nice skillet. give us more pics. what was the reason for the lift? give us more info on your lighting...cost, continous?
    nice job!

Thanks
    I lifted the Gator because I use it to fill our feeders here in the TX Hill Country. It take about 6500# of corn to fill our feeders and so I like to be able to put about 1K to 1.5K lbs. on the Gator for each load. That leads to the skid plate smacking a few rocks, or it did, now it doesn't hit anything.

For the lift, I made some spacers that ended up being 1 3/8". I compressed the springs and installed the spacers - lifted.

The lights are little green LED ribbons I picked up from Auto Zone for about $20. I installed them on a separate circuit with their own switch I picked up from Ace Hardware for about $8.

David in TX

Thanks
    Usually coil spacers yield almost twice the lift of their thickness if I remember right...on the Gator it was a one to one ratio? So if I wanted a 2" lift I would actually make a 2" spacer?

How do your CV shaft angles look? Close to straight?

Thanks
    No it's not 1 : 1. The spacers are 1 3/8" and it lifted the rear-end 2 1/4" with the preloads set to min. at both measurements. The CV shafts are at a slight angle still.

[ATTACH=CONFIG][/ATTACH]

Thanks
    Sounds just about right then....may have to do some hunting around for a spacer.

Thanks
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Was this done on stock shocks?
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast