Thread: Extended warranty no longer available for rsx850i ?

Thanks

Extended warranty no longer available for rsx850i ?

I was on the fence on buying a rsx until I asked how much for a extended warranty and was told by dealer that John Deere doesn't offer extended warranties for the rsx850i. Some here on forum say they have purchased them so I'm confused. Did John Deere stop offering them on the rsx850i. If so that's a huge red flag and I think I'll steer clear of the rsx850i. I tried to configure one on John deere s web site and sure enough extended warranty was not available.

Thanks
    When I bought mine in December I was told it was available but the price they quoted me was just so much more than what I paid for it on my 825 so I passed.
    dj-- Cumberland Plateau, TN

825i power steering, front and rear protection pkgs, power dump, soft top, no scratch w/s, yellow alloy wheels w/maxis big horn radials and more.

Thanks
    Warranty options are different depending on if an individual or business/farm buys it.

I got mine less than a month ago and, yes, it is still an available to individuals.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans-RSX850i View Post
    Warranty options are different depending on if an individual or business/farm buys it.

I got mine less than a month ago and, yes, it is still an available to individuals.
    Then my dealer must be mistaken, it didn't sound right to me.

Thanks
    I don't see it on JD's build website anymore so they may be right. If they started to lose money with it I wouldn't be surprised if they ditched it.

Thanks
    6 months warranty on the RSX and 12 months on most other Gators. It doesn't sound good when they stop offering the extended as an option or if they charge a significantly different price. What are you guys doing to your RSXs?
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I think that JD probably understands that most folks that buy the RSX will likely use it in the same manner as a person uses a RZR or Commander and under those constant conditions stuff will break. Some of us use our XUVs in the same way but there are enough folks who use it to haul feed out to the pasture or get the mail which is unlikely to break much that it offsets the cost of extended warranties. Typical sport side by sides have a 6 mo warranty on them so they are in line with the rest of the pack.

Thanks
    For what it's worth I just bought the extended warranty 8-28-2013

Thanks
    I just built one online and they offer the extended warranty for commercial customers only.
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Thanks
    Just bought the extended warranty today with my new RSXi.... 2 yr- 600hr.