Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three weeks in the shop now

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
    I decided to not pick up my Gator till this Friday. I am going to let it take up space in his shop till then. I will then haul it over to another dealer where hopefully I can work a trade. I am looking forward to see how he responds to me when I pick it up. I do plan to tell him he did his last deal with me or any of my friends.
    Good luck to you. Not all dealers are that bad. I am pretty happy with my JD dealer.
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Thanks
    Well, I got it back. I talked to tech who worked on it. He said he replaced the clutch for sure this time. The dealer said, "we have only changed your clutch twice". lol Yeah, in less than a year. The first time I am sure they did NOT change it. He also told me the owner was the one who would only allow $5k trade in value. I told him he just lost me and anyone I know as a customer. "Tell that to your boss".
    Never squat with your spurs on.
    https://www.theconeranch.com

Thanks
    I just dont get it. Why does a clutch need replacing? It's a collection of parts and is very simple. The act of replacing it shows a complete lack of understanding of what is inside it, and so probably means they haven't cured the root of the problem. I guess if I were you I'd trade it now while it works, 'cause they have not fixed it, IMO.

Thanks
    The 550's had a design issue with the early clutches so I can understand replacement on them but the 825 is a well developed product by this point.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgerken View Post
    I just dont get it. Why does a clutch need replacing? It's a collection of parts and is very simple. The act of replacing it shows a complete lack of understanding of what is inside it, and so probably means they haven't cured the root of the problem. I guess if I were you I'd trade it now while it works, 'cause they have not fixed it, IMO.
    Not sure I can answer that. I do understand how the clutch works but since mine is under warranty, I just haul it in to be fixed. I would assume they can change a clutch faster than they could fix/rebuild one?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    The 550's had a design issue with the early clutches so I can understand replacement on them but the 825 is a well developed product by this point.
    I haven't bothered to look into it. I have no idea what they look like when they get stuck like that. Till my warranty runs out, I will let someone else handle it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by purplewg View Post
    Not sure I can answer that. I do understand how the clutch works but since mine is under warranty, I just haul it in to be fixed. I would assume they can change a clutch faster than they could fix/rebuild one?
    Pirplwg,
    I'm pretty sure you and I got our 825i real close to the same time. I had the same problem as you getting the thing in/out of gear. Alot of the times I'd have to lift the bed and have someone push,pull, tap on the linkage to get it to work. I too had mine in three times. Don't remember their fist explanation but the second was it was dirty and the third they finally changed the clutch. Had it out yesterday working it pretty hard and not a bit of shifting difficulty. Nice and smooth. Also no learching forward when putting in gear as it had done from day one.
    I know you're pretty discusted with everything, but if they did replace the clutch the second time, maybe hang in there.
    Mabe I would have been as fed up as you, but each time I took mine in, Saturdays, it was ready Wednesday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12