Thread: 850 d turbo kit

Thanks

850 d turbo kit

has any of u guys installed a turbo to your 850d? just woundering if it gives much more power? would it put more stress on drives. shafts etc?

Thanks
    Any time you increase the horsepower & torque it will increase the stress on the other components.

I had my Dodge 2500 with a Cummins diesel chipped for a few years. If driving light/normal and not using the extra power there were no issues. It I used that extra power the exhaust gas temperatures would quickly climb into the danger zone requiring a downshift to keep the exhaust cooler. Then there was the automatic transmission which could not handle the additional torque and would slip requiring me to downshift for back off the gas until it stopped slipping. Still the engine seemed like it would keep making more power if you fed it more fuel.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires