Thread: Gator 825i Warn Winch ignition wire question

Thanks

Gator 825i Warn Winch ignition wire question

Hey - I just installed a Warn Winch ProVantage 3500 on my Gator. Used the Fuse mounting plate and it was pretty easy. Question now, is the winch works with the key in the ignition, and without the key in the ignition. I ran the RED wire from the solenoid over to the RED wire that goes to the ignition and spliced that sucker in there. Is that the right thing to do? Or is it meant to be spliced into another wire?

Thanks in advance for your help!

G

Thanks
    From my testing, the red/black lines are always hot and the yellow/black are switched (ignition switch).

I just finished my Superwinch install today except installing the rope and hause but it works !
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    A 1.99 test light (12 volt ) is a great item when working on these machines takes the guess work out of the electrical system
    GO BRONCOS
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*