Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Superwinch installed !

Thanks
    Very nice report!

Thanks
    Having trouble locating the yellow/black connector from the main harness. Here's what mine looks like.

IMG_0521.jpg

I do have the red/black connector - my flasher kit is plugged into it and there's an empty connector on the flasher harness so you can plug something else in. In your pics Bunky, it looks like the yellow/black connector is right next to the red/black. Did you have to dig for it?

I would prefer that the winch not be able to be activated without the key.

Thanks
    The yellow/black was in the same area as the red/black and it was pretty obvious. My yellow/black had electrical tape going to the base of the connector so it may not be that obvious. I do see some yellow wire.

Do you have power steering? My guess another accessory is using it so the spare may have moved.

This is what mine looked like from the factory before I messed with them. The yellow/black is next to the red/black but you do not see much of the wire going to the connector. One way to see it is has that T-style end. It is the lowest connector in this picture.

Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Weird. I do have power steering, not sure if that would use it or not. The yellow wire in the pic is part of the flasher harness. I'll have to take a closer look this weekend. Might be buried behind something.

Thanks
    I received the tech manual for Christmas and if I read the schematic correctly the connection is Connection C-5 Front Attachment (yellow/black) off the main harness. One other answer is that something is using it and did not create a second connection.

The manual does not include accessory wiring diagrams..too bad.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Found it - sandwiched in between some other wires so you could only see it from underneath. Thanks Bunky.

Thanks
    Very nice installation! Similar to mine but I mounted the relay between and behind the seats and the remote control socket on the left front fender. This allows me to control the winch while standing outside the cab on the driver's side. Installed the handlebar switch just under the dash.

By the way, I didn't use a SuperWinch, but a 2000# model from ProMark Offroad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Just wanted to say thanks once again for the write up Bunky. I followed yours to a tee and everything went smoothly. Only difference is that I followed your advice and did the quick disconnect for the remote plug, and my two switches are in the center dash since my blinker switch takes up one of the openings on the left hand side.

Ironically, I found the most difficult part to be removing and re-installing the glove box. Man that thing is awkward to take in and out! Only change I might make is replacing my line in/out contura switch with a momentary on/off/on (if they make them). I find it really hard to get the winch line in the proper stowed position with the regular contura switch, a lot of clicking back and forth. I don't like it to be too tight against the winch saver as it pulls the hook through, and too loose makes it rattle. I found it easier to just use the remote when stowing the line so you can see what's going on up front.

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Great.

Yes, the glove box took some maneuvering. The wheel well hump sure got in the way. My contura switch is a momentary on / off / on. I printed some labels to mark in / out, etc. Yes, you have to do pulsing to get the winch saver snug but not too tight. One pulse does move the line a lot.
    Al

Thanks
    Great Job, any Idea if the 4500 fits on a 2012 825i?
    mtgator

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast