Thread: New member needing help

Thanks

New member needing help

Howdy

New member and am having the biggest nightmare trying to get the oil filter off my Gator Tx 4x2. I am down to the last piece that screws onto the engine. The rest of the filter got shredded trying to come off.

I can email a picture.

Thanks
    Tough place to be but not impossible. Use a lot of patience and go slow. I would start by using an easy out to back it out. Do not use a lot of force as it could swell and make it tighter. I've never had good luck with them. I like to use a cold chisel and hammer to slowly tap it out making sure to not get into the motor casing. At times when they're really tight I've had to cut it from the inside with a hack saw towards the threads without touching the case threads, then using the cold chisel and fold it to the center starting at the cut. Work slowly and walk away when you half to take a break. Hope this works and let me know. Anyone else with any tricks?

Thanks
    I have had that happen on a truck once. This often is because the filter was installed dry and the gasket aheres to the engine block. I ended up having to take a small cold chisel and tap on the base to loosen it. You have to be extremely cautious so as not hit the engine block but it can be done. I have done it.

I would suggest using a cap wrench to remove oil filters in the future.
    S89-4445P01WL.jpg

Thanks
    There have been several posts on this forum regarding the first oil change and the nightmare. I was aware of the problem and beat the system by taking it to a JD dealer to do it. Good luck with your problem.
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    It took some effort me for the first oil change but luckily had good access to hold the cap on and put some leverage on it. The factory installed filter (a Chinese branded filter) appeared to have a different flute count so the filter cap did not fit like it did on the JD brand filter.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer