Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacking points on 825i

Thanks

Jacking points on 825i

I am curious where you all place a floor jack if you were going to change a rear tire (specifically left rear)?? I need to lift one side at a time to change out shocks. It looks like the safest spot is almost directly under the floor board on the driver or passenger side and with the rear swing arm travel the tire is still not off the ground before my floor jack runs out of lift.

I know this should be a basic thing but the frame to jack on is inaccessible in the rear.

Thanks!
    2011 825i, Camo, Sport seats, Big Horn Tires, black rims, Poly No-Scratch windshield, OPS poly roof, Kolpin rear windshield, JD toolbox, Kolpin Double Rifle mount, Fender guards, front brush guard and rack, tail light covers, rear bumper, Warn XT40 winch, CV joint guards, RotoPax Fuel and water cans.

Thanks
    I put jack under my rear hitch and jack the whole back up at once, the Gator is a pretty light vehicle.

Thanks
    Thanks, but I am trying to change out shocks one side at a time and need to have jack stands under it. Where would you put jack stands on the rear?
    2011 825i, Camo, Sport seats, Big Horn Tires, black rims, Poly No-Scratch windshield, OPS poly roof, Kolpin rear windshield, JD toolbox, Kolpin Double Rifle mount, Fender guards, front brush guard and rack, tail light covers, rear bumper, Warn XT40 winch, CV joint guards, RotoPax Fuel and water cans.

Thanks
    I use a chain hoist and hook it to the rear trailer hitch and suspend it from the rafters in my shop you can lift it as high as you please
    GO BRONCOS
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    I will look at my technical manual tonight and see if they have any recommendations.
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jradue View Post
    I will look at my technical manual tonight and see if they have any recommendations.
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr74 View Post
    Thank you!
    Not a problem, I have been wondering the same thing.
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Thanks
    For those of us that don't have a chain hoist inside our shop (I keep mine in my regular 3 car garage), please go out and take a look for me to see where you would put a floor jack and jack stands to get the tires off. I need it on jack stands because how high I need the floor jack to be to overcome the swing arm travel there is a lot of flex on the other tires (even with them chocked) and makes it high and unstable on a floor jack that has rollers.

Thanks!

Thanks
    I looked in my tech manual and all it states is to support machine with jack stands., One section specifically says do not support the machine. I saw one picture and jack stands appear to be under the frame at the rear OPS area but they were showing replacing the rear shock and it supported by a jack too.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr74 View Post
    Thanks, but I am trying to change out shocks one side at a time and need to have jack stands under it. Where would you put jack stands on the rear?
    I'm not sure what you need jack stands for? If you're using a floor jack, simply place under the rear reciever hitch. It's quite stable that way. I use this method when I need to lift the rears off the ground to adjust the suspension. Takes about 2 minutes that way.

If you're woried about a safety backup, place a jack stand close to the area where the floor jack is contacting the receiver hitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast