Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 825i front differential

Thanks

825i front differential

Has anyone had any problems with the front differential on a 2011 825i? If I put my gator in reverse when I am in a low traction situation or am stuck, the front end of the machine chatters so bad it feels like everything is coming apart. I only have 150 hours on the machine, it is never off road and most of the hours are me giving rides to the grandkids! My dealer said they'd have to take the front differential apart and check it out and it could cost upwards of $1800! the bad thing is the extended warranty expired in mid october! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Does it not make any noise in forward in 4wd? I'd be interested to see how the things are built. It is bad on a truck transfer case to spin in reverse alot.

Thanks
    it will chatter in forward as well but worse in reverse. It seems only to do it if the rear wheels are slipping

Thanks
    Before I took it to the shop I would do a little more to find out what is making the noise. I have seen the differentials fail, but most of the time it is the driveline to the differential. There is a c/v joint under the floor that can fail and it sounds like its coming from the front end. I would pull the driveline from the transmission to the front differential and check the bearings and the c/v joints first.

Thanks
    it has already been to the dealership and they told be they would have to go into the differential. They inspected everything else and it all looked good. They were able to duplicate the problem and they feel something is wrong within the housing. The repair could cost upwards of $1800

Thanks
    Have your dealer ask there service representative if he could help out on this situation, Lots of times they will.

Thanks
    Thanks Gatordone, I asked them to contact the area service manager and they told me to contact JD support myself as I would have better luck than if they did it. I am waiting for a call back from Deere, hopefully something can be done.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepep View Post
    Thanks Gatordone, I asked them to contact the area service manager and they told me to contact JD support myself as I would have better luck than if they did it. I am waiting for a call back from Deere, hopefully something can be done.
    Look for my posts on this forum about front end noise. I am original owner of my 2011 825i with 46 hrs, and only 350 miles...mostly on easy dirt fire roads. i have had the pillow block bearing changed out 2 times. There was a recall on it and they still put the bad part number in it, so it had to replaced. This gave me driveline noise on the right side but got fixed with the recall. At the same time there was front end noise causing the front differential to be replaced 3 times as well. Each time the front end "binded up" and destroyed the front end. This occurs when putting it in 4wd, in reverse and the 4wd actually engaging ( its on demand system), then not releasing. It's in the owners manual what to do if binding occurs....but mine wouldn't stop binding and destroyed the front end. $2300 each time that my warranty covered but now its out of warranty....and knock on wood the problem has happened.
    2011 825i, Camo, Sport seats, Big Horn Tires, black rims, Poly No-Scratch windshield, OPS poly roof, Kolpin rear windshield, JD toolbox, Kolpin Double Rifle mount, Fender guards, front brush guard and rack, tail light covers, rear bumper, Warn XT40 winch, CV joint guards, RotoPax Fuel and water cans.

Thanks
    ZEPHYR74
    What was the recall? I have a 2011 also and never got anything.

My gator also makes those noises….i will pull the cover off(cup holders RIGHT?) and check there first.
    2011 Camo 825i Gator
    2007 Camo Rhino 660 traded in
    2000 Gator 6x4

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    ZEPHYR74
    What was the recall? I have a 2011 also and never got anything.

My gator also makes those noises….i will pull the cover off(cup holders RIGHT?) and check there first.
    There is no recall listed on the JD website. The only Gator recalls are for the RSX850i.
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast