Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 825i front differential

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Landscaper View Post
    ZEPHYR74
    What was the recall? I have a 2011 also and never got anything.

My gator also makes those noises….i will pull the cover off(cup holders RIGHT?) and check there first.
    Not under the cup holders. If you are on the passenger side, look for the pillowblock bearing (or also called bushing) that is behind the cab under the bed. It basically looks like a pivot point between two narrow driveshafts.

And, my 2011 825i did have a recall for this pillow block bearing. You might want to try to look it up on this forum, I believe there is a thread about it.
    2011 825i, Camo, Sport seats, Big Horn Tires, black rims, Poly No-Scratch windshield, OPS poly roof, Kolpin rear windshield, JD toolbox, Kolpin Double Rifle mount, Fender guards, front brush guard and rack, tail light covers, rear bumper, Warn XT40 winch, CV joint guards, RotoPax Fuel and water cans.

Thanks
    This problem is solved for now. John Deere agreed to put in a new front drive, I had to pay the labor. I was told the bearings were shot in the differential.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dalepep View Post
    This problem is solved for now. John Deere agreed to put in a new front drive, I had to pay the labor. I was told the bearings were shot in the differential.
    Sounds like a fair deal.
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Thanks
    I had an issue with my 825i the diff block was apparently machined wrong and the axles came loose made a lot of noise , John deere sent there mechanic out and he told me it was a issue they had had and they replaced it for nothing hope this helps in your case worth a try with john deere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12