Thread: Shocks keep failing

Thanks

Shocks keep failing

I am having a problem with our gators at work. We have 4 2007 850d's we haul alot of scrap metal with the and keep blowing out our shocks fronts an rears. I need to find a good replacment for them at 160 a piece and changing them out every other week is getting old does anyone have a good aftermarket shock

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    Do a search on here for shocks and springs. Somebody changed out their shocks and springs and said it made a lot of difference with hauling heavy loads. I say springs also because I believe the springs on the (825i atleast) Gators are only rated for 600lbs.

This is a project I am planning on doing this year because I use my Gator to haul corn for our deer feeders and have noticed my shocks are shot. It takes 8000lbs. to fill all our feeders and I like making as few trips as necessary.

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    Just a question. Are the springs adjusted all the way up to take some of the pressure off the shocks? The 825i and 855d have adjustable springs. You should have got the tool with the owners manual.

Thanks
    these springs arent adjustable. Ive been doing searches but alot of the posts didnt help.