Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My new ordered RSX is old!

Thanks

My new ordered RSX is old!

I ordered a new rsx 2 weeks ago. I just got it today and was checing the paperwork and it is a 2013? Says it was built Oct 8th 2013. It has an 020000 serial number instead of the 030000 of the newer ones. This is bull. Here it is February 2014 and I specificly said I wanted a 2014 that is why I ordered it. Its a model year old. I can't find a year anywhere on my paperwork. It probably has the old oil filter too. I kind of feel slided on this. I should have got a freshly built machine right off the line. What can I do? Are there any disadvantages to it being the older model? Have there been any refinements since it was built? Is this why JD threw out that 1K rebate, 2 yr jdesp warranty and 0 for 36 just to get rid of a bunch of units in a warehouse? Can I take it back?
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    You will have to work this out with the dealer. If necessary, you may need to take the case to corporate.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    If all your paperwork from the purchase states it's a 2014 machine you have a very good case for either a nice $$ discount or machine replacement.....if however it is just listed as a new Gator on your paperwork (loan and buyer's order) then you really don't have much of a leg to stand on....it will hurt your resale value down the road and it sucks but if the machine is new and they didn't state 2014 then you are most like stuck.

Thanks
    I checked the paperwork and it doesn't say a model year just new. To top it off I just noticed where the roll bar has been damaged/paint ripped off and gouged up on the passenger side behind the rider. That shouldn't be that way at all. Isn't that a safety concern? I would think that the roll bar should be replaced.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 XUV 825i power steering camo--Black sport wheels and Bighorns, front and rear protection packages, ops roof, long range lights, deluxe signal and parking lights, mid range lights, sport seats and doors.

2012 RSX 850i camo--3500 lb Summit winch, sport wheel, ops roof, bed rails and more.

Thanks
    Your dealer should have noticed that too. There must be more to the story.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    I wonder what though. I would think because where it is at the it would have had to been done by moving it around with a fork lift or something on a skid. You couldn't do that by rolling it over.

Thanks
    I'll bet they threw out that rebate to get rid of the '13s they have laying around. Very bad on JDs part. I'm sure the dealer didn't get a '13 on purpose. I am screwed and i'm pissed!

Thanks
    I would take it back to the dealer and leave it and tell them to call when your 2014 is in. My 2013 also had some minor paint damage on the bar in a similar place but my dealer takes care of me very well so I let it slide.
    dj-- Cumberland Plateau, TN

825i power steering, front and rear protection pkgs, power dump, soft top, no scratch w/s, yellow alloy wheels w/maxis big horn radials and more.

Thanks
    I am getting ready to order a 850 trail in 2 weeks and how can you make sure that you will get a 2014

Thanks
    I dont know how to make sure. I thought I was quite clear. Like said before my paperwork doesnt give a year so I may be screwed. I got it Friday so I could rip around all weekend on it but there it sits in the garage with all of 2 miles on it because i'm afraid if I ride it they wont do anything about either issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast