Thread: 09 625i Advice, PLEASE

Thanks

09 625i Advice, PLEASE

Greetings.
    We have a 09 625i. It was used by the dealership as a "demo" at tractor pulls, and it does not have many hours on it. We can't say how many, because the digital display does not work.
    This is the issue -
    It has spent the last two winters in the shop because a) the blade would not operate properly and now b) it randomly does not start at all. Despite having a new control module and new battery. Sometimes the blade works, then just quits. Intermitent issues are difficult, I know, and the dealership service dept is at a loss for what to do with it.

I love this Gator. When it operates, it does what we need it to do, and it's the perfect size. But we cannot - will not - have a vehicle that we cannot rely upon.

The dealer is trying to work with us. They have offered a good deal on upgrading to a 2013. I am told the major improvement is the newer ones have an alternator and better blade assembly. To me, the dash now looks loaded with even more electronic stuff - i.e., fuel gauge, etc. I prefer simpler and functional. The other option would be to "try" a new wiring harness for the starting issue, with no assurance of success. This would be in addition to the 1k we put into it last winter.

Another topic seems to suggest an alternator could be added to the 09. Does anyone have any experience or possible advice with this situation? we like the Gator we have, but we need it to work properly. And what is to keep this from happening again if we should get a new model. This thing still has original tires and gets light use - and it looks like new.

So, are we better off trying to upgrade this thing or do we dump it and hope for better with the new one.

Suggestions, PLEASE!!

NetraLee
    Last edited by NetraLee; 02-20-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks
    I have a 2013 825i but never owned a prior model. But, by reading the past history here, you can tell JD does try to improve their products by addressing issues on a continuing basis. They do not seem to ignore the last year and just try to sell the new model as some companies do. One key is having a good dealer since half of the issue is communication and understanding what you are working on.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer