Thread: Gator Transportation

Thanks

Gator Transportation

Transport truck & trailer for taking the Gator out to play

truck n trailer.jpg20140218_232012.jpg

Thanks
    Is that just to haul the Gator?
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    That was my reaction too. Great looking rig, but I hope it's purchase is justified by use beyond only hauling the Gator.
    Doc
    2013 825i
    I live so far out in the boondocks, my TV runs on propane.

Thanks
    Looks just about right for a total garage on wheels.lots of room for the gator plus fuel,parts and equipment. The real nice thing is complete storage when the gator is not being used and saves the room in your shop or house garage. What's the trailer 18ft x 8ft ? We have a wood stove for our trailer as to provide heat in the winter in case we have to do repairs out in the bush.
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny creek View Post
    Looks just about right for a total garage on wheels.lots of room for the gator plus fuel,parts and equipment. The real nice thing is complete storage when the gator is not being used and saves the room in your shop or house garage. What's the trailer 18ft x 8ft ? We have a wood stove for our trailer as to provide heat in the winter in case we have to do repairs out in the bush.
    That is an interesting comment but someone could hook up a truck steal your garage and gator !!
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    That is an interesting comment but someone could hook up a truck steal your garage and gator !!
    Yes I agree if you choose to live where that kind of thing happens or where people that do that sort of thing live. If you do then a TIRE BOOT for your trailer or a real good HITCH LOCK SYSTEM can easily prevent that from happening. No windows in your trailer is a plus for the OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND concept. Also don't you guys and gals have that RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS To protect your homes and property and I see nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by Destiny creek; 02-24-2014 at 02:26 PM.
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny creek View Post
    Exactly....folks do it all the time with snowmobiles

Thanks
    It was custom made with the additional height to accommodate the Gator. The motivation to buy the trailer was/is that I am moving south from NJ to outside Ocala, Florida. I will be making several trips back and forth in the next several months - bought 30 acres of property and building a house. It would have cost me about $2150.00 to rent a u-haul truck or other rental truck - one way from NJ to Florida, plus tax etc for a 20' truck. The trailer is actually a few cubic feet larger than a 20' U-haul truck (20' long + 2.25 vee, 7' inside height clearance, 8.5' wide. Plus the trailer deck is about 12 inches off the ground - while the U-haul truck deck is 3 feet off the ground - makes a big difference when loading heavy things like a piano, appliances, a Gator ( it has to get to Florida )

So the trailer will be a break even venture after the second trip. Then I still have a trailer I can use to move additional stuff, including the Gator. The trailer is very versatile, is wired for AC, which I will install once I get the trailer home. It will be used as my construction management office on site during the construction phase, it will be used as a garage for the Gator on site during construction, as the security office on site during construction and will be used to secure & store supplies and materials.

Additionally, as I see exactly how much it affects gas mileage - I bring it back to NJ just to bring supplies back down on a return trip. I pass thru Delaware - a no sales tax state - so if it does not kill my gas mileage - I will also use the trailer to bring suplies such as all of the new appliances down. At 7% $10,000 worth of appliances and other building supplies = $700.00 in sales tax - nothing to laugh at.

So it will be put to good use and eventually be kept around just for Gator Transportation. I would like to try out some of the off road parks with it in the next year.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MBDiagMan View Post
    That was my reaction too. Great looking rig, but I hope it's purchase is justified by use beyond only hauling the Gator.
    Haha if I had to justify everything I would have nothing!

Thanks
    It sounds you really worked out the plan to have it as a gator home.
    Al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast