Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 825i Starting Issue

Thanks

2012 825i Starting Issue

Several times now after driving my 2012 825i around for a while and then parking it, the engine will not fire trying to restart it. The starter works fine, but the engine will not fire. If I let it sit for about 45 minutes or so, it start right away. Anyone else experience this behavior?
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Thanks
    Mine did this exact same thing this winter. It was near 0° every time this happened. Gator would fire when i first went out to it, but 20 mins later, would not fire, but cranked fine. Got home after work and tried it again, and it fired right up. No solution as of yet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcfly682 View Post
    Mine did this exact same thing this winter. It was near 0° every time this happened. Gator would fire when i first went out to it, but 20 mins later, would not fire, but cranked fine. Got home after work and tried it again, and it fired right up. No solution as of yet.
    Yup, that is the behavior all right. It has happened to me three times over the winter, but it is certainly not a consistent issue.
    Last edited by jradue; 03-07-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    2012 John Deere 825i with power steering, power dump, poly roof, no-scratch windshield, deluxe light kit, Maxiis Bighorn, Kolpin HID headlight kit and two JD work light kits.

Thanks
    Make sure you let the fuel pump cycle. If you attempt to turn the key to start position immediately, it will not start. You have to turn on the key, wait about 20 seconds, then turn to start. MUST be that EFI has to be pressurized to start. It solved my problem of this nature.
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RMOSSSO1 View Post
    Make sure you let the fuel pump cycle. If you attempt to turn the key to start position immediately, it will not start. You have to turn on the key, wait about 20 seconds, then turn to start. MUST be that EFI has to be pressurized to start. It solved my problem of this nature.
    I will try that the next time it happens, but you would think it would be more consistent if it was a fuel pump pressurization issue.

Thanks
    Rubber seal issue? When it's cold it's hardened up? Given that he needed to wait 20 seconds to build pressure it sounds like a leak somewhere, a normal Gator has the fuel pump cycle on for about 3 seconds and it shuts off...you can hear the "buzz" when you cycle your key on without turning it over.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DIXIEDOG View Post
    Rubber seal issue? When it's cold it's hardened up? Given that he needed to wait 20 seconds to build pressure it sounds like a leak somewhere, a normal Gator has the fuel pump cycle on for about 3 seconds and it shuts off...you can hear the "buzz" when you cycle your key on without turning it over.
    I don't know, you would think it would at least fire a little. There is simply nothing except the starter turning. If I waiting a half hour or so, it fires up immediately.

Thanks
    I would make a quick check of the fuel cap with that scenario. If the cap is not venting properly it may take 20 minutes for it to release the vacuum created.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chzbrgr View Post
    I would make a quick check of the fuel cap with that scenario. If the cap is not venting properly it may take 20 minutes for it to release the vacuum created.
    I will check that the next time it misbehaves.

Thanks
    Mine did the same thing. I have it in a heated garage at 45 degrees with high humidity and believe water in the fuel lines where freezing up. I pushed it in the garage, heated it up and put some ISO heat in and it hasn't happened since. It starts allot quicker now also. The outside temps where below zero when it would happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast