Thread: New Gator Today

Thanks

New Gator Today

Just got my '14 825i. Seems louder than my '07 and kind of sluggish in the low speeds. Anyone have this issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Sluggish at low speeds doesn't sound normal to me...mine has great low end power. I wonder if JD put a break in schedule in the ECM that detunes it a bit during break in like alot of manufacturers are doing nowadays?

I do find my 12' 825i to be a bit loud, not headache loud but you hear a good bit of engine noise.

Thanks
    Nice looking Gator - congrats ! Enjoy it !

Dan

Thanks
    Congrats! I see you opted for the nets. I have no seen any sluggishness but the Gator goes from idle (under 1000 rpm) to over 3000 rpm very quickly as it starts moving. It is clocked at over 4000 rpm climbing a hill.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    I don't think nets are an option but included standard on '14 models for safety. I see them on all the new model Gators at my dealer.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Those nets look like a real pain in the butt. Working around the ranch when you need easy in and out or even when out Moose hunting when you are always in and out looking at cut overs and bogs to find the elusive swamp donkey.and then there is the great white tail hunts when every second counts to get off that quick accurate shot
    Last edited by Destiny creek; 03-23-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    I don't think nets are an option but included standard on '14 models for safety. I see them on all the new model Gators at my dealer.
    Right, the nets are standard and the doors are optional.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Are they easy to remove
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    They are easy to remove if you want. I think there are only about 4-6 bolts to remove them. They hook in the front above the fenders with a seat belt connection. easy to hook up and unhook. I see where they could be a pain if you are in and out alot and also they will get filthy if you leave them down and go through a lot of mud. As far as the noise, it is exhaust noise. It is quite a bit noisier than my '07 625i. Seems like the low end is sluggish. When you first start off it takes a lot to get it moving. When the belt drops in the pulley, then it seems to be fine. Just when you start off. Thinking about the Quad Fab add on exhaust to add to the factory exhaust to make it quieter. Hate to spend 170.00 more on a day old gator.