Thread: Suspension Lubrication

Thanks

Suspension Lubrication

I have a 2011 825I with the 14 Zerks for greasing the suspension. I have greased the suspension twice now and each Zerk only takes about 1/8th of a pump before grease starts to squirt out from right behind the bolt head. On my tractor/loader the grease normally squirts out between the bushings, so I am curious if the Gators bushings are clogged. Before I have to rip the entire suspension out of the Gator to try to clean the bolt interior I am curious if anyone else have the same results greasing their suspension?

Thanks, Dave

Thanks
    OLD Italian proverb: If it is not broke, don't fix it! Look at the size of the joints. Impossible to get much grease into that area. Also, note the later models had no grease fittings. I have done mine a couple times with the same results you describe. One has to wonder how many years would the various components last with no additional greasing? IMHO
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    What year did they do away with all the grease jerks on the suspension
    855 Diesel c/w block heater* High Performance Sport Seats - Black with camo seat covers* Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector *Back up lights * Front Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Rear Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Interior Light Kit - Deluxe Cab * Side Mirrors - Deluxe Cab*Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Kolpin chainsaw mount*Kolpin double gun cases *4500 lbs superwinch*Hella spotlights*UTV cab heater*

Thanks
    2011.almost immediately after first production run.
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    RMOSS01,

Thanks for the reply. After growing up on a farm and 28 years in the Navy I am somewhat obsessed with ensuring maintenance is performed and a Zerk fitting just screams for grease. I realize that the greased area within the joint is not large but as soon is I start to pump in grease the new grease is squirting out, I would have expected old grease to be pushed out and the new grease to remain in the joint. When I get some free time I guess I will take one of the bolts out and see if the joint is dry or not.

Thanks again,
    Dave

Thanks
    I have a 625 that was built right a the end of 2011 and it has zerk fittings. I ordered mine from the factory and I hoped that it would have come with sealed bushings but it did not. When I grease mine the grease comes out between the fixed and moving parts just like one would expect.

Thanks
    Has anyone tried to modify the zerks by the rear tire so that you do not have to remove them to grease?

Thanks
    I put 45 degree fittings on mine and they work great.

Thanks
    I thought about that but I did not know if the bushing would rotate as the Gator was driven. If you had luck with it I will swap mine out on the next lube.

Thanks