Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 825i with deluxe cab

Thanks

2014 825i with deluxe cab

Hi,
    I am getting a new 825i with the deluxe cab and I went to see it at the dealership today. They still have to install the powertach plow on it. It has most of the options on this rig but I was checking out the cab and wondered what some of you do in the summer time with the deluxe cab. The front windshield opens up but is it really designed where you can drive it this way without damage to the shocks on it? I see the back window opens slightly ( about 2 inches ) and catches on a bracket on the outside of the gator. I can't figure what purpose this serves also. I wish the glass doors had sliding windows to let air through but I imagine they are able to come off easily and that's what people do in the summer months. At my work we have a toolcat by Bobcat and it has a air conditioning system in it so that is nice. Any suggestions on how to make this deluxe cab more summer friendly would be appreciated. One more thing, it doesn't have lights on the top of the cab so what would be the best lights I can get for it?

Thanks...Dave
    Last edited by Whitetail Deere; 04-05-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Thanks
    Is there many members here that have the deluxe cab?

Thanks
    I just took my doors off this weekend. The lights that I installed are these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Very bright LED!

Thanks
    Here is a picture... Gator-1.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing! Did you drill through the roof to install these lights and does your back window stay open at all? Love the Boss plow, hope my powertach plow does a good job.

Thanks
    There are hole already in the roof for the lights and wire. The hole for the lights isn't big enough on the inside of the cab to reach the bolt for the lights so I drilled a larger hole on the inside of the cab so I could put the nut on and tighten it. The back window stays open about 2" for ventilation. I went with the Boss plow because it was rated higher by reviews then the powertech blade, I also wanted V capability.

Thanks
    The back window is designed that way so the box won't hit it when raised.

Thanks
    Sounds good, I looked at the light's from your link to Amazon. Them LED lights look like they will be real bright and the cost isn't too bad either. Did you buy your lights from that exact seller on Amazon. I read the comments on that seller and someone said that they waited a long time to get the lights delivered.

Thanks...Dave

Thanks
    I am a Amazon Prime member and I got the lights in 2-days! Yes this was the seller that I bought them from. The lights are very bright. They work great for the snowplowing.

Thanks
    Were they hard to install? I really like your setup:)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast