Thread: Fuel filter R&R

Thanks

Fuel filter R&R

Can't find anything in my tech manual about removing and replacing the fuel filter. Can anybody tell me the steps for my 2011 825I, Thanks.
    Now I see the other posts but still no step by step. Do you just remove and replace the plastic clips?
    Last edited by pcbunn; 04-09-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks
    I checked my 2013 manual and all I see is a diagram showing two clamps. One instruction calls them quick disconnect.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Do you think it takes a special tool, something like is required on my truck? I suppose I should call the JD dealer and ask the service tech if they think its something the owner can do.

Thanks
    You can do it easily,The plastic clips will break when you remove them so make sure you get new ones. Also make sure the arrow on the fuel filter is pointing toward the engine. (direction of fuel flow)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GATORDONE View Post
    You can do it easily,The plastic clips will break when you remove them so make sure you get new ones. Also make sure the arrow on the fuel filter is pointing toward the engine. (direction of fuel flow)
    I guess that is why they call them quick disconnect.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    OK thanks you guys. Guess I will pick up the plastic clips next time I'm at the dealer, probably cost $50 bucks each as like the plastic clamps for the bed tool rack, $100 bucks each for the clamps!! Nest time I'll order my parts from NASA as they are probably cheaper!

Thanks
    .66 cents a piece.