Thread: Two Cables to Parking Brake?

Thanks

Two Cables to Parking Brake?

While working on my Gator today I discovered that two cables lead to the parking brake assembly which is located between the forward differential and the passenger compartment. There is an electric interrupt on the ignition to prevent you from stomping on the throttle and driving through the parking brake so I don't understand why the 2WD 4WD lever is connected to it. The linkage prevents 4WD from being engaged while the parking brake is set. The only thing I can think of is that with the interlock the parking brake keeps the front wheels locked regardless of what the rear wheels are doing. If the electric safety somehow fails you'd end up with the rear wheels fighting the front. There must be some other reason. I can't imagine parking safety is so important to Deere. Does anyone know why they have engineered the system this way?
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I believe on the 825, it is actually the differential lock and parking brake. The diff lock only pulls the arm part way and the e-brake pulls it completely. I think this is correct info, f anyone can chime in, please do.