Thread: Jerking out Yellow Bells

Thanks

Jerking out Yellow Bells

My 550 S4 was running well so I decided to pull out some Yellow Bells that had curly leaf. I didn't know much about the plant and I had no idea what would happen. I hooked up a 3/4" nylon rope to the new hitch I got for Christmas and tied a Bowline, known from Boy Scout Tender Foot days, in the other end. I threw a loop around the plant and told my wife to gun it. The Yellow Bell stopped my 550 in it's tracks. I told my wife to put in low range, 4wd, with the differential locked and try again. The earth around it moved 3 more trys and it was out. The plants were 15 years old and had 4' tap roots that were 4" through. I was posted these pictures. I'm amazed what the little Gator can do with only a 16HP Vanguard engine.
    root.jpgIMAG2035_2.jpgroots (2).jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vanderrt; 05-22-2014 at 11:05 AM.
    550 S4 JD Green and Yellow, Lexan Vented Windshield, 3000LB Winch, Bighorn Tires, Alum. Alloy Wheels, Poly Roof, Brush Guard, Rear Bumper, Turn Signals, Flasher, and Stop Lights. Side Mirrors and Rear view mirror.

Thanks
    The 550 has enough power for everything I need. After an ice storm this winter I was pulling downed trees out of the pond. Going uphill and dragging a tree it had enough power to spin three tires. And that was probably the only time I wish I'd had a locking front differential.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires