Thread: New 2014 825i owner with a few questions and short review

Thanks

New 2014 825i owner with a few questions and short review

I purchased a 2014 825i and have since put 20 hrs on it. Yes I had the dealer do the oil change at 8hrs. Other than that I have had ZERO issues. In fact being new to this type of equipment I have been more than happy with the performance of what I need done with this machine. it handles the terrain which by the way is steep. I have a road from my pastures to a creek bottom that has 2 45 degree +/- a little sloped stretches. One is 70 yards or so the other much shorter. Thanks to a member on here the two footed driving style (keeping RPM level where tranny stays engaged in low) makes these much more comfortable when descending. Climbing is no issue as I have never had to get above 1/3 throttle in low and 4 wheel drive.

My questions are this:

1. What should I be watching out for as far as preventative maintenance other than what is in the owners manual. You know the stuff that experience has taught you.

2. What common issues, if any, should I keep a close eye for (IE transmission, weak spots in drivetrain or steering etc.

My machine is the 2014 825i, power steering, front and rear protection, power dump, 3500lb warn winch, power dump, upgraded tires to maxis bighorns and rims, hard doors, hella lights in grill and on top of roof front and back, back screen, floor and bed mats.

Thank you for all your help

Thanks
    I do not have that many hours on mine yet.

It has plenty of pulling power. The engine seems to have a lot of low end torque. The engine goes to 3000 rpm quite quickly off idle but even climbing grades with a lot of logs it will still be under 4000 rpm. I had it floored a couple weeks ago to see how fast it could go. The power curve drops off over 5000 and had it near 6000 at about 39mph before I had to slow down. It was still climbing but after 35 or so the speed increase was much slower.

My primary preventative item is using ethanol free gas with a stabilizer and keeping the tank full. I also try to keep the battery at full charge by hooking it up to a battery tender.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    I know several of us had the throttle body bolts come loose and in my case fall out. Might want to go ahead and pull these bolts and put some thread lock on them to prevent this from happening to you. Other than that, just the normal atv/utv maintenance and preventive maintenance.

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    can you give me a better location on the specific bolt you are referring to?

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    Here is the original post with pictures and solutions:

https://www.johndeeregatorforum.com/f...ighlight=bolts

Hope it helps,

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    Thank you Skillet23

Thanks
    Just finished my 8 hr. LOF, no issues noted but I'm going to raise the bed again and check those bolts. Been keeping it below 4500 rpm but I'm itching to open it up now that it's broke in and see how fast it will run! We have grades near 45 degrees and bad gravel roads, this thing scampers up and down like a rabbit. I don't even need to use Low except for creeping. All my neighbors that have rode in it comment on how easily it climbs steep slopes.