Thread: Does anyone else's 825i not reach 44 MPH?

Thanks

Does anyone else's 825i not reach 44 MPH?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. My 1 month old 2014 825i w/ Power Steering & has 40 miles on it has not gotten past 43 mph even going downhill. I have tried twice to put the pedal to the floor this week & the rev limiter engages & speedometer fluctuates between 42 & 43.

When I had access to a 2012 825i, it would reach 44mph on level surfaces & 47mph going downhill & I firmly believe that a speedometer on any recreational vehicle, i.e ATV, snowmobile, UTV-- is a "customer satisfaction device" & not always accurate. While I didn't want a Can Am Commander that did 70+ mph, it's nice to have things as they should be. If you have noticed this:

1. Is it the computer limiting the machine during a "Break In" period?
    2. Have you brought it to dealer's attention?
    3. What have they said or did about it?

Thanks a lot folks.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    Most of my riding is on rough roads or in the woods. I do not even remember the advertised top speed, but past 40, with knobby tires, I do not think it would be safe. IMHO!
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    What tires are you running? I have two sets of tires for my 550 and one allows a top end about 3mph faster than the other.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    I have never tried. It moves fast enough for me...running through the field at 15-20 mph is plenty fast,
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Normally that's what I do too, but on ocasion, I get on the paved road & fell the need for speed. I'm running with the Acadia M-T Extremes from JD. And yes to see 44 mph isn't that important, but would be nice to know it works as advertised. As I said above, Speedometer is a Customer Satisfication device in these machines. Will have to ask & see....
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights

Thanks
    Did you adjust the speedo for your tire size? Mine has the 14" tires and was NOT set per manual. It was a simple fix. I don't know how fast mine will go yet (only 8 hours on it), no good straight away close by. I also changed clutch weights and spring to 855d part numbers to keep RPMs down (and it did).

Thanks
    i've never had any issues getting to 44mph quite quickly on paved surfaces. Sounds like an electronics issue to me.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    If you've got a portable GPS you can use it to verify your speed and see if the speedo is accurate or not. I can also vary my top speed a measurable amount by just varying the air pressure in the tires.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Just took the Gator out this morning w/ a passenger & GPS as ride-alongs. GPS reads the max speed is 43.9 mph. So speedo is accurate. Thanks for the reminder about the GPS, Dane.
    Bill T

Thanks
    My Gator is 8.2 hrs. old, fresh oil change so I took it out to see what it would do. Long smooth asphalt road with alternating downgrades and level stretches. It ran right up to 45mph and the rev limiter began chattering. I held my foot down and saw a sustained 46mph on the level at the limit. (Quite thrilling, I must say.) So the advertised 44mph is what it will do without encountering the limiter. BillT, something is not right with your machine. Does the pedal open the throttle all the way? That is about all you can check visually. Your dealer should make good on the promised top speed.