Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 3 Position Rocker Switch-like the 1 pictured & Light ideas

Thanks

Looking for 3 Position Rocker Switch-like the 1 pictured & Light ideas

I have a 2014 825i w/ Power steering, does anyone know of a source for a 3 position rocker switch--Off / On / On-- like the one I have pictured below--that 1 is only on /off. My mechanic says I have more than enough switch bays, but who knows what I'll add in the future... I'd like the stock headlights to turn on at first position & then the add on lights come at position 2 .

I'm thinking of going w/ Rigid Industries 50231 D2 Driving Lights for front & 20211 Dually Floodlights for the rear. I have an Amazon.com account so any suggestion on sellers for these lights is appreciated too, thanks.

Last edited by BillT; 06-12-2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Added gator model
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    Check out allied electronics they carry a wide range of Eaton Euro rocker switches that are an exact fit in the cutouts of JD, these are $5 to 10$les then JD ones.
    https://ca-en.alliedelec.com/search/p...x?SKU=70155793

Thanks
    If they are still the same switches that the 2011 825i used - and I do not know if they are or are not - but I am sure your de4aler parts guy could check the head light switch on each and tell you if the same part number or if not - if the same size.

My source of switches if Overton's a marine supplier - they have switches that are a perfect match for the opening in the Gator Dash - and all kinds of configurations with regards on-off-on

this link will get you to the switches page on their web site - enjoy

https://www.overtons.com/modperl/prod...ON-OFF&i=74298

dan - nj

Thanks
    Went w/ the rocker I pictured above & the D2's from Rigid, what a difference. 1 hour or so to install & they work fine. Some adjustments are required to aim though. These lights almost disappear on the brush guard too. Hope to post pics soon. Now in might get Kolpin's HID light kit to replace those yellow headlights.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    I get my switches at Ace Hardware for like $10...

Light Switch.jpg

They fit in the additional switch bays on the dash.

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT View Post
    Went w/ the rocker I pictured above & the D2's from Rigid, what a difference. 1 hour or so to install & they work fine. Some adjustments are required to aim though. These lights almost disappear on the brush guard too. Hope to post pics soon. Now in might get Kolpin's HID light kit to replace those yellow headlights.
    Can you post pictures of your D2's on your brush guard? And did you get the kopin HID's? How do you like them?
    2011 825i, Camo, Sport seats, Big Horn Tires, black rims, Poly No-Scratch windshield, OPS poly roof, Kolpin rear windshield, JD toolbox, Kolpin Double Rifle mount, Fender guards, front brush guard and rack, tail light covers, rear bumper, Warn XT40 winch, CV joint guards, RotoPax Fuel and water cans.

Thanks
    https://www.otrattw.net

Good swithes, and lots of options.
    2013 825i S4

Thanks
    Working on pictures of the D2's guys & no I didn't get the Kolpin HIDs. I received a pair of HIDs that aren't instant on as a gift. I'll time how long they take to come up to full strength & let everyone now.
    Bill T

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT View Post
    Working on pictures of the D2's guys & no I didn't get the Kolpin HIDs. I received a pair of HIDs that aren't instant on as a gift. I'll time how long they take to come up to full strength & let everyone now.

Can you post your pictures of th D2'? Thank you.
    2011 825i, Camo, Sport seats, Big Horn Tires, black rims, Poly No-Scratch windshield, OPS poly roof, Kolpin rear windshield, JD toolbox, Kolpin Double Rifle mount, Fender guards, front brush guard and rack, tail light covers, rear bumper, Warn XT40 winch, CV joint guards, RotoPax Fuel and water cans.

Thanks
    Here are some pics of the lights on my machine. No wide shots available yet. photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 6.jpg
    Bill T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast