Thread: +850i oil filter

Thanks

+850i oil filter

Is anyone having a problem with their 850 leaking oil. I bought mine in March and it had to newest oil filter on the machine and when I took it home it leaked oil in my garage. I had to put a pee pad on th floor to catch the oil. It hasn't leaked enough to add oil but it makes a mess. I took it back to the dealer with the transmission raking when I put in in gear and when I got it there it quit raking (of course) they changed the oil filter and it still leaks like it always did. The machine has about 80 miles on it.

Thanks
    Where is it leaking? Are you sure it is at the oil filter?
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    It is coming out the hole on the belly pan under the oil filter. The mechanic said it was leaking down the side of the filter
    Last edited by ghackler; 08-05-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Thanks
    I took the gator back to the dealer and they changed the filter and it still leaks. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with John Deere and talk to someone or don't they care enough about their customers to talk to them.

Thanks
    It sounds like it is leaking at the base where the filter gasket meets the engine. Did the mating surface get damaged from a previous filter removal? Without a good light, it may be hard to see.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    It came from the factory leaking and it has just been changed 1 time at the dealer it only has 80 miles on the machine

Thanks
    Mine had a leak and they fixed it when it was almost new! This was when they first came out with the PIP for the oil filter!