Thread: Aftermarket Brakes?

Thanks

Aftermarket Brakes?

Does anyone know if an aftermarket company makes brakes for the RSX? The dealer wants $190 for a new set.

Thanks
    By "new set" do you mean new pads? If you only need pads or pads and shoes and you live in or near a big city, you can almost certainly find a company that makes their living relining friction products such as clutches and brakes. In Dallas for instance, there is a company called "Mechanics Friction."

Hope this helps.
    Doc
    2013 825i
    I live so far out in the boondocks, my TV runs on propane.

Thanks
    Just found out the rear brake pads on the rsx 850 are the exact same pads as on the front of a 2012 Yamaha yzf 450 motorcycle. You would need two sets for the rear of the rsx 850 , but the pads can be gotten a lot cheaper through the aftermarket than john deere. Nissin the company that makes the brakes on the rsx 850 also makes brake pads for Yamaha and Honda bikes and atvs. We are still working on cross referencing the rsx 850 front brake pads.

Thanks
    on my earlier post about using the Yamaha brakes pads , well I was wrong got the pads today and they don't match even though the nissin brake pad numbers are the same . I sent them back, but found ones that I think will work. Sorry for the bad info, I will let everyone know once I have the new pads