Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Not The Boss Plow, What Is Next?

Thanks

If Not The Boss Plow, What Is Next?

Just chatted with a Boss rep. who informed me the Boss plow is not going to work on my 2014 825i. He indicated it will work on a 2013 but not a 2014. Other problem is that due to the winch being mounted where every other winch is mounted, the hydraulic tower is in the way as it leans agains the Gator.

If the Boss is out, what other snow plow is durable like the Boss and has the reputation the Boss has?

Below is a copy of the chat:
    Alex
    11:28:25
    Welcome to The BOSS Snowplow, how may I help You today?
    Mike
    11:28:55
    Hi Alex. Can you help me to determine if your plow will fit my UTV?
    Alex
    11:29:11
    sure - could you give me the year make and model please ?
    Alex
    11:29:16
    of your UTV
    Mike
    11:30:17
    Have a 2014 JD Gator 825i. The concern I have is that I have a winch mounted on it and want to insure the plow will bolt up with the winch in place.
    Alex
    11:31:42
    sure - unfortunately right now mike we do not have any applications for that UTV. I see we have one for the XUV 550 but nothing currently for the latest one. We have them for previous years so I assume that one is coming.
    Alex
    11:31:56
    In regards to the winch is it on the front of the bike or mounted underneath ?
    Mike
    11:32:50
    In the front bay area in the grill area.
    Mike
    11:34:30
    I just checked somewhere on your site and thought I saw it was compatible but the concern is the winch.
    Alex
    11:35:22
    yes it is compatible for 2013 models not 2014 right now. The coupler tower contains the hydraulics and is mounted flush to the bike. You would need to remove the winch
    Last edited by Racklover; 09-10-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks
    Why not just remove your winch for the winter when the plow is on?

Thanks
    Here is a e-mail reply from Boss:

Thank you for contacting BOSS Snow Plow, we did not test fit our undercarriage with a winch on how ever we do believe it will fit with no issues. If you do have a plow installed could you please forward us photos and let us know if any modifications had to be made.
    Sincerely,

Gordie Pepin
    BOSS Service Technician

Thanks
    Regarding the request for photos… My paparazzi shots of my Gator are not cheap

Thanks
    Went to the BOSS dealer who did not think the winch would be an issue. The brush guard on the other hand might be an issue according to him. We are going to try it when he gets the mounting brackets in next week.

Thanks
    My local dealer just started dealing BOSS plows and I went to look at one... WOW, they are amazing. I have the standard JD plow so seeing that BOSS V was like putting a M1A1 next to a Fiat! The dealer told me $3,200 installed which sounds about right to me but this is my first full season plowing for money and I don't want to get myself over-extended already. I don't have one yet but from looking at the BOSS, it has no equal in my book. What an amazing plow.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duling View Post
    My local dealer just started dealing BOSS plows and I went to look at one... WOW, they are amazing. I have the standard JD plow so seeing that BOSS V was like putting a M1A1 next to a Fiat! The dealer told me $3,200 installed which sounds about right to me but this is my first full season plowing for money and I don't want to get myself over-extended already. I don't have one yet but from looking at the BOSS, it has no equal in my book. What an amazing plow.
    Cry once...

Thanks
    Update:

Bought the Boss plow. No issues with the winch or the front brush guard. That thing is stout!

Thanks
    Got the first plow job in tonight. Worked good. Still have to learn the finer details of plowing snow but got the job done.

Thanks
    I'm JD green with envy.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast