Thread: NEW XUV 825i (no more????)

Thanks

Talking NEW XUV 825i (no more????)

I have been busy on a remodeling project for three months. Did I miss something? Has John Deere quit selling the 825i with power steering? I see all the literature for the 850. Also see in financial news the JD profits are down.

Shame, I wanted another 825i, new. Now I guess I will buy a POLARIS. Comments?
    2015 = 825i Ole & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn -- radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear scree; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof - Black; side mirrors; multiple mirror center; horn; Fender guards;rear bumper; rear fender guards; J.D. FLOOR MATS &POWER STEERING & 3 MPH POSITIVE COAST...

2011 -- 825 i Olive & Black; Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn--radial; Bench seat; OPS w/rear screen; hydraulic lift; HD brushguard, Deluxe Light Kit; OPS poly half windshield; OPS Poly Roof-Black; side mirrors; GOLF cart center mirror; horn; Fender guards; comfort system expanders for seat belts; rear bumper; rear fender guards; Long Range Lights; JD knob; J.D. FLOOR MATS.

Thanks
    The 825i with power steering t is still available on the John Deere site. Did you hear that at the Polaris web site?
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    My dealer has them on the lot. If you are going to teach a sXs mechanics class, buy a Polaris; you'll have plenty of repairs to demonstrate to your students.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duling View Post
    My dealer has them on the lot.

Thanks
    Even if sales are down, why would Big Green stop selling their best gas powered Crossover side by side? IMO, I'd discontinue the 625 or the 550 S4 Just got a 2014 w/ power steering this year, I really enjoy it, wouldn't trade it for a Polaris, because I know guys with them. Decent machines, but far from perfect.

I know someone with a '14 Ranger 570 & he dropped it off for one thing or another & an exhaust leak for the second or third time recently. They fixed everything else but admitted they hadn't checked for the exhaust leak yet-as I said he'd reported the leak to them before. The guy took his exhaust off in front of them, & showed them the bad exhaust seal & had them replace it.

A few months after purchase, the battery wouldn't turn over the starter & the Superwinch Terra 35 would quit after a couple minutes. He replaced the Polaris stock battery with an Olympus battery 3 months into owning this machine! Shouldn't the battery last longer the 90 days even after adding a winch?
    Polaris would give him another stock battery, but wouldn't compensate him for the difference in price between the Polaris & Olympus batteries though.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    I CERTAINLY wouldn't want a Polaris in my neck of the woods. The Polaris dealer, which had a TERRIBLE reputation in our neck of the woods, was bought out by an outfit who appears to be even worse. The local dealer is a big part of a purchase like a SXS or a tractor. As far as JD profits go, this is part of a normal fluctuation in ag equipment sales that has been going on since the days of the Steam driven tractor. In times of slow farm equipment sales, JD would be one to stick with. They might be the only farm equipment manufacturer in existence that has not merged or otherwise not survived financial crisis for almost two centuries. Buying a Polaris because JD has reported lower profits is not a logical decision IMHO. Have you TALKED to your dealer to see if they can get you an 825i? I see them at all the area JD dealers.
    Last edited by MBDiagMan; 10-22-2014 at 12:07 PM.
    Doc
    2013 825i
    I live so far out in the boondocks, my TV runs on propane.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duling View Post
    My dealer has them on the lot. If you are going to teach a sXs mechanics class, buy a Polaris; you'll have plenty of repairs to demonstrate to your students.
    Not only will you have a lot of repairs to teach, but from what I've seen, each repair will be more involved. The Polaris products I've seen opened up made it seem like they laid a clutch and engine on the floor and built a SXS around it. Takes lots of removal of covers and such to get to basic components. The 825i has some component access challenges, but it looks like a Model A under the hood compared to the Polaris models that I've seen.
    Doc
    2013 825i
    I live so far out in the boondocks, my TV runs on propane.

Thanks
    I owned a brand new Polaris four wheeler in 1993, the mega-winter here in WV, I used it every day as transportation for about 45days to chop ice on the cattle's water, shovel out neighbors, haul wood, etc. After 45days, the 4WD system was shot, the exhaust system had blow apart and was not repairable, the machine needed a new battery and starter, the rear brakes didn't work AND the pull starter recoil sh^t the bed.... The dealer told me that the winter was too hard on the machine and it was not covered under warranty. After 45days, I sold it for parts and bought a Honda Foreman, that my cousin still drives today, 20 years later! Polaris always has and always will be a rolling dumpster for your money!
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    Once they have your money, all you get from them is the run around. A friend worked for a Polaris dealer for many years and he told me they had an unbelievable amount of push back from Polaris and their dealer rep over warranty work. They were reluctant to do anything because of Polaris charge backs on replaced parts.
    Last edited by Z15; 10-23-2014 at 08:09 AM.