Thread: Squeak while driving in 4x2

Thanks

Squeak while driving in 4x2

I have a HPX 4x4 (diesel) and in two wheel drive it has a squeak. When i go to 4x4, it loads up the drive shaft and the squeak goes away. I've lubed the splined shaft where the front drive shaft comes out of the rear end (right rear corner of gator), but it still squeaks. I suspect a bad u joint on that drive shaft.

Anyone have any tips on how to remove that front drive shaft? Nothing under hump on 'inside' of gator. Took a quick look under, and it's enclosed.

The squeak is driving me (more) crazy. Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Can you lift the rear end and run it? I would suspect the carrier or the universal before the cab or possibly either front half shaft. I intend to remove the rear shaft to drop the rear axle. There's a through bolted coupler off the pto on the rear. Removing that and the carrier I suspect will allow drive shaft(s) removal

Thanks

Thanks
    Right on! Thanks Rare1 !

Now i have my weekend project laid out.

I appreciate you digging.

Thanks
    N/p post some pics if you can. I need to put this on the "to do" list. I saw there's an eBay boot but they probably don't include the clip ring he talks about being included with the jd kit. I had good luck using the cv half shaft replacement boots I picked up on eBay.. However there's no "clip" involved to replace