Thread: New Deluxe Cab

Thanks

New Deluxe Cab

Ordered everything needed for the deluxe cab kit last Friday at the dealer. Stock order came in this Thursday and finished the install on Saturday. Here's what I ordered:

Deluxe canopy kit
    Door kit
    Wiring kit
    Windshield wiper kit
    Rear window kit
    Wiper washer kit
    Front worklight kit
    Rear worklight kit
    Deluxe cab stereo kit
    Dome light kit
    Seatbelt comfort straps

Install was fairly simple, took some time to wire it nicely, and adjust the doors properly.

I had a heater kit I got on a pallet with a couple tractor parts from an auction about 3 years ago, only paid $25 for the pallet. I was surprised it was complete and I only needed the fitting kit. The install was fairly straightforward but took some effort to get the water pump to prime and start pumping again.

I've looked online a lot and haven't seen anyone with the deluxe cab stereo kit part# BM24909. It replaces the standard overhead console with a new one with two speakers radio slot and antenna. The radio is purchased separately, I got mine from deere so everything was plug and play. It has good sound quality but the standard speakers aren't great in the higher volume levels. I'll probably upgrade those someday.

Overall I'm thrilled with the set up. My father and I buy and sell used compact tractors and other equipment and recently had a kubota RTV 1100 come in with 40 hrs, and I contemplated selling our gator and keeping that. But I liked the higher speed of the gator and nicer ride. This cab is tight and has very few if any rattles and vibrations. With the gas engine the sound level is right around 87db at idle, compared to the kubota RTV 1100 I measured at 89db, but that's a diesel. The heater in the deere has proved to be very toasty with just a t shirt at 29F, but I do get a little draft at the floor from the front of the machine. I'll have to do a little sealing under the dash to stop that. The visibility of the full glass doors is also a plus. Now I just have to hook up the snowplow and I'm ready for winter's worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to johndeere2520 For This Useful Post:

number3shot (11-27-2014)

Thanks
    Nice setup - congrats :-)
    My ride:

XUV 825i Olive & Black with:
    Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

PS. Please dont flame me for my lousy English

Thanks
    I am jealous of the garage and the enclosure. And I think the S-type were some of the most recognizable and beautiful daily drive cars.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    johndeere2520, Do you know if the overall height is lower now with that cab on vs the standard ROP's which is 75".

Thanks
    looks very nice!
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

Thanks
    Thanks everyone, I enjoyed testing it out the other night in the 3in of snow we got here. But I can't wait for a more significant snowfall to really see what it's capable of. Here's a pic of the two workhorses ready for the white stuff!! I want to post a couple of action shots when I get a chance as well.

Dane- Thanks again, it's extremely nice to be able to have as much garage space as I have. But I still have some vehicles that have to stay outside. The gator and my JD x748 have a reserved spot inside though for sure. Gotta keep the green and yellow paint nice and shiny lol!

Gatorwork- the measurement to the top of the highest point on the cab frame is about 75.5" similar to the standard ROPS height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk