Thread: Front and Rear LED Light Install

Thanks

Front and Rear LED Light Install

Finished up a small Gator modification this weekend and thought I would share with the community.

Installed front and rear 4” square 27 Watt LED lights mounted to custom brackets. The front lights are clamped to the roll bar under the Poly roof and the rear lights are mounted to the homemade back panel. Yes, the Poly Roof would have made an easy install but I was worried about the lights getting wacked by tree branches.

Overall I’m very pleased with the results as the light output seems like 10X improvement over the stock front head lights.

Here are some pictures of the lights:

Light Front 2.jpg Rear Lights.jpg

Pictures of the Switches (OFF, Ignition On and Lights On)

Switch Off A.jpg Switch On with Ignition A.jpg Switch Lights On A.jpg
    Last edited by 200mph; 11-30-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

Thanks
    Those are the exact same lights I have yet to install. I want them for plowing in the winter but I don't want them on in the summer so branches don't break them off. When you used the clamps to install them how do they fit around your windshield if you have one? I'd rather not drill my poly roof if I don't have to.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    duling,

I don't have a windshield at this time, but would like to get one in the future. The brackets are tucked up under the poly roof and the bracket arm actually slants downward to clear the front of the poly roof. This was done thinking they might work with a windshield, but I've never seen one up close to see how high they fit with respect to the roof. Maybe someone with a windshield could take some pictures of the roof to windshield clearance to judge if the bracket concept might work.
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards