Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headlight recommendation

Thanks

headlight recommendation

I have a 2011 825i XUV. My headlightbroke when the wire got hung up on my tire and pulle out of the back of the headlight housing.

Any recommedations on either just replacing the headlight with a stock one about $50 or any aftermarket ones? I am open to anything, LED, HID, etc.

Thank you,
    2011 825i, Camo, Sport seats, Big Horn Tires, black rims, Poly No-Scratch windshield, OPS poly roof, Kolpin rear windshield, JD toolbox, Kolpin Double Rifle mount, Fender guards, front brush guard and rack, tail light covers, rear bumper, Warn XT40 winch, CV joint guards, RotoPax Fuel and water cans.

Thanks
    hid has worked good for me if I was to run a halogen bulb though I perfer the sylvania silverstar

3. The Following User Says Thank You to osiris For This Useful Post:

Zephyr74 (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    If your headlights are as anemic as mine, I strongly suggest going with LEDs and mounting them elsewhere on the gator.

I recently added some inexpensive (less than $50/pair) 4" square 27 watt LED and they are significantly brighter than stock headlights. Plus they consume less electrical power.

Silverstars are brighter but they also come with much shorter life. Probably not an issue, but something to be aware of. If you research on the manufactures website you'll confirm what I'm saying. (Comparing regular halogen to silver star and their variants)
    Last edited by 200mph; 12-15-2014 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Minor wording tweaks
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 200mph For This Useful Post:

WOEII (12-23-2014),Zephyr74 (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    I bought the same LED lights and they are amazing! Super bright and minimal power... I wired them into the current switch so that the three way switch brings them on only with the tail lights at the first position then all the lights on with the second position. Love it!
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

7. The Following User Says Thank You to duling For This Useful Post:

Zephyr74 (02-08-2015)

Thanks

led lights

Quote Originally Posted by 200mph View Post
    If your headlights are as anemic as mine, I strongly suggest going with LEDs and mounting them elsewhere on the gator.

I recently added some inexpensive (less than $50/pair) 4" square 27 watt LED and they are significantly brighter than stock headlights. Plus they consume less electrical power.

Silverstars are brighter but they also come with much shorter life. Probably not an issue, but something to be aware of. If you research on the manufactures website you'll confirm what I'm saying. (Comparing regular halogen to silver star and their variants)
    I've been looking for some cheaper leds what brand and where did you get your lights
    2014 855d s4 poly cab,bench seats,3500 superwinch,duel batteries
    Waiting list-Cab lights,radio,heater,gun rack,sound proofing

Thanks
    flyboy,

Type: TUFF LED LIGHTS 4 Inch Square 27watt LED Work Lamp Light

Purchased from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/LED-LIGHTS-Squ...are+LED+ligths

I've bought 4 sets (8 lights) so far and the light output and product quality seems to be consistent. There seems to be a number of sellers for this light at various prices. I've had good luck with Tuff so far and the shipping and packaging was excellent.

For light switches I used these (key off, key on, Lights on):

Switch Off A.jpg Switch On with Ignition A.jpg Switch Lights On A.jpg

They were purchased from: https://www.otrattw.net/BLUE-LENS-WITH-SWITCH-BODIES/

Hope this helps.
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 200mph For This Useful Post:

flyboy (12-26-2014),Zephyr74 (02-08-2015)

Thanks
    Zephyr74, I would recommend these Kolpin HID lights if you'd like the stock lights look, they're plug & play along with instant on HID. Much brighter than OEM lights. Do some shopping for the Kit & you'll find a good price. You can also find the Not Instant on version for less then $50 if you don't mind a few minutes wait time. This fits both Arctic Cat & JD, Look for
    Kolpin 97960 HID Kit 6 for Arctic Cat
    Last edited by BillT; 12-25-2014 at 02:38 PM.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks

lights

flyboy,

I've bought 4 sets (8 lights) so far and the light output and product quality seems to be consistent. There seems to be a number of sellers for this light at various prices. I've had good luck with Tuff so far and the shipping and packaging was excellent.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the info still checking around but this seems to be the best deal so far!
    2014 855d s4 poly cab,bench seats,3500 superwinch,duel batteries
    Waiting list-Cab lights,radio,heater,gun rack,sound proofing

Thanks
    flyboy,

Hope this helps.
    can you show me where you mounted your lights in the front and rear?

Thank you.
    2011 825i, Camo, Sport seats, Big Horn Tires, black rims, Poly No-Scratch windshield, OPS poly roof, Kolpin rear windshield, JD toolbox, Kolpin Double Rifle mount, Fender guards, front brush guard and rack, tail light covers, rear bumper, Warn XT40 winch, CV joint guards, RotoPax Fuel and water cans.

Thanks
    Zepher74,

For both the front and back I fab up some simple brackets. It would have been real easy to mount the fronts on the Poly roof, but I didn't want to drill any holes into it.

The front brackets were made using 1" channel and 1/8"x2" flat stock that was bent to 1-3/4" diameter. Two hose clamps were used to mount to the roll bar. I'm hoping that if I get a front windshield they will still work.

The rear was made from 1" square tubing and some flat stock. They are simply bolted to the home made back support mesh.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the bracket details.

Light Front.jpg Light Front 2.jpg Rear Lights.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast