Thread: Anyone mount a winch to the receiver hitch?

Thanks

Anyone mount a winch to the receiver hitch?

I'm about to buy a winch for my 825i. Since I have a bad habit of getting into tight spaces, I was thinking of mounting my winch on a mount to insert into the receiver hitch. That way, I could move it between front and back depending on the mess I was in. Anyone have any experience with this? And, what size winch to you recommend? Thanx

Thanks
    That's what I have. Mine is wired front and back and the winch is on a removable plate. It's nice to be able to move it front to back!

image2-1.jpgimage1.jpg
    XUV 850d, Olive, Ops Roof, doors, sliding rear window, gun rack, Receiver mount winch front and rear, power dump, brush bar with headlight protection, bed liner, roof mount lights, standard steel wheels with 489's, etc... Modified 6x4 72" snow plow.

Thanks
    Thanks for the info. I'll do mine that way. I assume you don't leave it on there all the time, just when you anticipate needing it?

Thanks
    Mine stays on for plowing season and trail trips. If I need it around the yard, I probably shouldn't have been doing what I was doing anyways. Lol. At that point, I deserve the walk to the garage to get the tractor.
    XUV 850d, Olive, Ops Roof, doors, sliding rear window, gun rack, Receiver mount winch front and rear, power dump, brush bar with headlight protection, bed liner, roof mount lights, standard steel wheels with 489's, etc... Modified 6x4 72" snow plow.

Thanks
    If you search online or Amazon they make mounts specifically for doing what you want so you don't even need to fabricate it yourself.

XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires