Thread: heavy duty alternator on 625i

Thanks

heavy duty alternator on 625i

I have a V-Boss plow installed on my 625i. If I use any lights and the blade my battery will not tolerate much use of both at the same time. Has anyone successfully installed the heavy duty alternator meant for the 800 series gator on a 625i??

Thanks,

Thanks
    I would think if you put a higher amp battery in it would handle the draw better..JMHO.

Thanks
    Another option is to cut your consumption by swapping out the incandescent lights for LED's.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    ^^ this ^^
    More light output as well.
    2013 825i S4

Thanks
    I don't know if it's ok on this forum to post a link to another one, but it's exactly what you're looking to do...so if it's a no no, let me know and feel free to pull the post. Just trying to help the guy out.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/a...lternator.html
    XUV 850d, Olive, Ops Roof, doors, sliding rear window, gun rack, Receiver mount winch front and rear, power dump, brush bar with headlight protection, bed liner, roof mount lights, standard steel wheels with 489's, etc... Modified 6x4 72" snow plow.

Thanks
    That's a cool link about the auto alternator on an HPX. Since the 625 and 825 have very different engines I don't think you could just bolt on 825 parts. Deere does have a high output alternator kit ($370) that adds another 60amp alternator while retaining the Kawasaki's under the flywheel so you'd be getting charging capacity from both.

A poster in the other forum asked about the power and it got me thinking about how much power running an alternator would take. After some Googling it seems most standard alternators are 55-60% efficient so a 60 amp one would take about 2 hp at the alternator.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    855D
    Found an auto alternator that fit and puts out 95amps and changed the battery to a deep cycle marine.
    Made up a new alternator mounting bracket and belt. No more issues with running lights, radio, plow etc.
    Installed for over a year. Keep a battery maint charger on it as well.

Thanks
    Jgrace, which alternator did you find that fit the 855d?
    XUV 850d, Olive, Ops Roof, doors, sliding rear window, gun rack, Receiver mount winch front and rear, power dump, brush bar with headlight protection, bed liner, roof mount lights, standard steel wheels with 489's, etc... Modified 6x4 72" snow plow.