Thread: Driven Clutch Rubber Buttons Replacement

Thanks

Driven Clutch Rubber Buttons Replacement

I need to replace the rubber buttons on the driven clutch on my 2004 CX. The original ones are completely gone so there is no hint as to how the new ones would be installed. The JD Parts Store lists the button kit as part # AM 136805. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to frankg For This Useful Post:

Trex (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    I am not familiar with the CX clutch, but the ones that I AM familiar with, require a fixture for holding the clutch and a special socket, 3/4" ratchet and cheater bar to remove the spider and that is only after heating it to soften the Loctite.

Hope this helps.
    Doc
    2013 825i
    I live so far out in the boondocks, my TV runs on propane.

Thanks
    Whoops! I misspoke. I did not catch the part about it being the secondary clutch. Sorry 'bout that.
    Doc
    2013 825i

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MBDiagMan For This Useful Post:

Trex (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    I have not replaced them on a Gator but the ones I've done the plastic wear buttons just push into place they are held in by the ramps on the other half of the clutch. If your's is completely missing them you might prepare yourself to replace the clutch and depending on how much it's worn it could be difficult to get wear buttons to stay in place. Have you taken your clutch apart yet? How do the ramps look?
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Thanks MBDiagMan & Dane for the replies. I have not taken the driven (secondary) clutch apart yet & I'm thinking this may be a time when I would be better off taking it to a professional. There is metal to metal contact but does not appear to be excessive wear. Dane are you saying that the wear buttons can be replaced without taking the clutch apart? Thanks again, Frank

Thanks
    You can replace the buttons with the clutch in place but the outer plate must come off. It can be fun to put back together while in an awkward position but it can be done with a couple ratchet straps.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Frank, one of the members of the other forum sent me a secondary clutch to learn on. I have not gotten to it yet, but I will try to put it in the press and take it apart in an effort to offer you some information. I will try to remember to give it a go tonight if it's not too screaming hot in the shop this afternoon.
    Doc
    2013 825i

Thanks
    I looked at the secondary clutch I have and it was not like an 825i clutch and was not marked with a part number so I could see what it fit. I did not see a good way to get it apart, so unfortunately, I have no information at this point.

Sorry I couldn't help.
    Doc
    2013 825i