Thread: Dust

Thanks

Dust

Has anyone come up with a way to block out the dust from coming inside. Has anyone tired the noise reduction kit for keeping out the dust.

Thanks
    I have the split windshield and having it open helps a lot. Having a solid or closed windshield seems to make my dust problem worse. A rear window or partition to seal off the rear of the passenger compartment works well. I've also installed a foam seal between the dump bed and body panels that helps block dust from sneaking up between the two and also helps a bit with noise.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

SouthEast Texas (Big Thicket), United States
    Thanks
    I put a full back screen on my Gator with a back window. It helps a lot, but there is still some dust that comes into the cab below the seat. I plan to install some "shielding" to try to stop this, but it will not happen till after deer season.

David in TX
    2011 825i - Olive Green & Black - Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires - Bench Seat - Custom Built Backsplash - Power and Front Protection Package - Rear Protection Package - Front Hood Rack - Sprayed Cargo Box Liner - Cargo Box Mat - Tail Light Protectors - Front & Rear CV Guards - 500lb. Cargo Carrier (rear receiver) - Dual rear receiver w/extension - 150lb. Cargo Carrier (front receiver) - Tailgate feeder (rear receiver) - Fortress Brand Metal Top - Fortress Brand Windshield - 2500lb. Warn Winch - Custom Built (by me) Bow Holder - Big Sky Racks Dual Gun Holder (mounted under cab) - 2" Front Lift Kit - Upgraded Rear Suspension ( 10" x 800lb. coil springs on Polaris Ranger HD Shocks) -

Thanks
    I have 2 gators...one with the full glass cab and one with the deluxe canopy with the glass windshield and glass rear window (no doors).

The full glass cab is dust free...you can run with the bottom of the windshield open and that effectively pressurizes the cab and the interior is spotless.
    The gator with no doors is always dusty. It does help to run with the bottom of the windshield open as well...but you are always covered with dust riding that one.

It it may sound counter intuitive, but it is far cooler and more comfortable to have the doors on...even in summer. Once moving there is lots of airflow from under the windshield and it is comfortable.

Thanks
    With the windshield down and no doors it creates a vacuum inside the cab that draws dust in. Either open the windshield or put doors on, that's the only way to fix the vacuum issue.
    825i Camo, 3500lb Warn, Big Horns, Poly cab

Thanks
    I have the poly roof and half doors with windshield.

Thanks
    Full glass cab. dust free!

Thanks
    The dust in the cab is the only real complaint I have about my Gator. I have the JD windshield package with the wiper, which fits like a glove, obviously, but that perfect fit is the main reason for the dust. I appreciate the comments in this thread as I will look closely at various ways to get air flow through the cab using clean air from the hood. I'm going to start by removing the upper seal and see how much gap that gives to the roof panel. Then, I'll most likely drill holes in the aluminum panel the windshield is mounted in. I was hoping to come up with a way to tip the windshield out at the bottom, but looking at the mounting hardware, and the clip in the center on the bottom, that might be more difficult than I want to deal with at present.
    2017 XUV 590i S4 Power Steering, factory installed options include the Yellow Alloy Wheels and Big Horn tires, Utility & Protection package and Winch package, dealer installed options include the Horn kit and Turn Signal kit, and Glass Windshield with wiper. No user installed accessories at this time, will update as needed.