Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm going to buy a new 825i. How would you buy your gator if you bought new today?

Thanks
    I appreciate all of the comments from everyone. After all of the input... I finally went into my local dealership to look at the the different options and "test drive" them around the lot.
    Wouldn't you know... He was sold out of everything. He had a big push on them over the past couple weeks and wont be getting any more in until next week.
    We had a lengthy conversation... I have bought stuff through this dealer in the past, tractors, implements, etc. Knowing me, he thought I should consider the diesel version, 855d instead of the gas, 825i. His biggest reasoning was fuel consumption in the diesel vs gas. He thought I would be unhappy with the fuel consumption of the gas rig over the diesel. I'm not getting a strong arm sale from him, He just thinks in the end I'd be happier with the diesel.
    To be honest, I never gave the diesel too much thought, mostly because of the the 1200 premium in price for the diesel engine over the gas. I'm not sure I want to lose that top speed of the gas over diesel either.
    I have a bit of time to mull this over... What are your guys thoughts.
    Thanks again.
    Steve

Thanks
    My thoughts are if you don't mind less power go diesel....if you want the thing to have more power for pulling, pushing and playing go the 825i it's not just faster it has more power all the way around. It is harder on fuel, mine nets around 18 mpg so I'm sure the diesel does better.

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Dixiedog,
    I really hadn't thought much about the fuel consumption before the dealer mentioned it. One thing that makes diesel intriguing, I pack ~100 gallons of red dyed diesel on my pickup all of the time.

Steve

Thanks
    I had a Teryx before my 855D. I was constantly running to town to get gas for that thing. One of the reasons I went diesel since I had a tank. Do I miss the extra power and speed?...occasionally. But most of the time I'm going slow...to look at things. The diesel works for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jcummins For This Useful Post:

oregonfj (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Went into dealer again today. They got a 2015 855d in, pretty much fully loaded. Full deluxe cab with windows/doors, bench seat, power steering, wheels tires, power tilt, guarding front and rear, etc. We took it for a spin around the lot and a little off-road... I was impressed. More pep than I thought it would have. It was a little loud inside the cab with everything closed up. The diesel seemed to resonate in the cab. It is a New/used model, 70 ish hours, green/yellow. They want $18,500 for it. I wouldn't have ordered one this loaded, but intriguing. I think he was making me a pretty good deal on the pricing.
    They didn't have a 825I in yet.

Thanks
    I would stay with the 825i. My cousin has the 855D and it has a much different feel to it. Now, like DIXIEDOG said, if you don't care about the fact that you will have a little less power and speed to do stuff with, then go with the diesel. I have a gas and highly recommend it.
    Will

2014 XUV 825i Olive/Black, Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires, Front protection package, rear screen, OPS Poly Roof, Power Steering, extra roof lights, Power lift, Racing seats, Horn

8. The Following User Says Thank You to willber11 For This Useful Post:

oregonfj (10-29-2015)

Thanks
    Was talking with my JD dealer today and they sell 10 825i's for every 1 855D they sell and even have some trade in their 855D's for 825i's. They don't recommend the diesel. And this is in farm territory where the majority of these UTV's are used by rural folks and farmers who use these as working machines. Just a thought.

Why I was there? Was discussing buying a 825i. He is going to bring one out to the house Friday and let me roll around with it on the property and see how I like it. They have a bunch of them that were used as Demo vehicles at the State Fair in August, and are deeply discounting price on them and offering full factory warranties. Nothing with more than 40 hrs on it. Timing is everything.
    Last edited by Copperhead; 11-23-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Thanks
    Curious how big of a discount they are giving on these units.
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

Thanks
    Will find out on Monday. JD dealer brought one out to my place today and dropped it off and said to play with it over the weekend and see how I like it. Now that is a dealer! Will negotiate on Monday and see how the price lays out. The one he brought out is a pretty decent setup with all the protection stuff, power box, PS, and spoke wheels with Bighorn tires. Took it for a quick ride right when he dropped it off and jumped some farm terraces and tore up some cornfield. I think I will like getting one. If I get one of these discounted demo units, I am also getting them to put in the cab heater and full windshield. Not interested in the expensive deluxe cab. Going to get framed canvas doors (with windows!) and back panel for winter use from aftermarket source. This one will have to act as the primary snow mover for our long circular driveway, with the wife having to do a lot of it when I am out on the semi truck so I can get in the drive when I get home. Might even have to make a path to the highway occasionally about a mile away. Sometimes the county takes days to get out and plow our gravel road after a big snow.
    Last edited by Copperhead; 11-25-2015 at 04:56 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123