Thread: Why Do They Make It So Hard

Thanks

Why Do They Make It So Hard

Just purchased a new winch and wiring kit from JD, quality products but the direction suck, they need to have a good picture that you can shows what is being done. As much as it cost they should have made a you tube video. This was installed on my new 825i with power steering. But all is well, end results GOOD.

Thanks
    I think alot of it is done purposely to try to get folks to use their dealer's service to get any accessories installed. Good instructions seem tough to come by for many brands these days.

Thanks
    Yes, they print the instructions in 4 different languages, but don't provide decent DIY instructions. You'd think a company w/ 59,000 + employees & worth an estimated $34.79 billion would make it easier for the average person to repair or add onto their equipment. Then again, with independent dealers being bought up by larger companies & rebranded / renamed, what do we expect?
    I bought a Superwinch & couldn't of been happier with those instructions. I just asked my mechanic to verify the wiring for me.
    Last edited by BillT; 11-08-2015 at 01:08 PM. Reason: added own experence w/ installing winch
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!

Thanks
    Well, I work in a company with a name you would know and our documentation is written by non-technical people. Now, the engineers are supposed to review the material but it is never at the top of the list so they do not get the full attention. It is written mainly for service personnel and not someone without some knowledge. This is no different than Ford tell me to remove a trim panel but does not give much clue where all the hidden snaps are and where to pry.
    Al

2013 825i - OG&B, Black Alloy Wheels w/ Maxxis Bighorn Tires, Mid range lights (front and rear), Superwinch Terra 45 winch, Koplin Rhino grips, Seizmik mirrors, Silent Benz muffler, rear seat organizer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunky For This Useful Post:

bradhill (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    ......This is no different than Ford tell me to remove a trim panel but does not give much clue where all the hidden snaps are and where to pry.
    Bunky

Nailed it !

Sent from my iPhone using my index finger

Thanks
    My son worked for Deere as an intern. One of the things he did was write owners manuals. Even though he has a strong farm back ground,been running the same machine at home and turning wrenches since he was 5. His supervisor made him rewrite alot of it in such a way he didn't understand it. She had no clue he said but was some how boss.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Joedirt For This Useful Post:

jd.rasentrac (01-08-2016)