Thread: Warning 855D water pump belt

Thanks

Warning 855D water pump belt

3+ years ago when I got this 855D, I had a stick run up and dislodge the water pump belt. Well JD cheesing the 855D did not include the full skid plate package, and one shield was missing. So I cracked for the $50 bought the skid plate and put it on.

Well...it happened again. Skid plate or not there still is a few holes that sticks the size of your thumb can get through, and sooner or later you'll find one of those sticks with eyes....and on the 855D it heads straight for the water pump belt.

This time, I got it to the barn....stick was lodged tight in there, rubbing the belt. Ended up breaking it off. Started engine, and a piece that was left jambed everything up and broke the belt.

SO...if you do any serious woods riding, which I do on occasion ( I do run over stuff, a lot of stuff) be warned, the water pump belt, given the design of the skid plates, is an achilles heel design problem.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jcummins For This Useful Post:

jcow (04-06-2016),jd.rasentrac (04-06-2016),WOEII (04-06-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks for sharing!
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

Thanks
    Got the new belt on this afternoon. On the 855D....that belt cover won't come off without removing the water hoses and tie back, disconnect the drive shaft and pull back, disconnect the shiftier cable. Not designed to work on. Somewhat of a pain. But...it's fixed.