Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removing tail light

Thanks

Removing tail light

Can anyone tell me the steps to removing the tail light lens? How do I get to the bulb?
    ​Thanks

Thanks
    What does the OM say?

Beste Grüße aussem Chatten-Club, Wolle

Thanks
    Can't find anything in the OM or in the tech manual. Tried unscrewing the two side bolts but lens didn't seem to move any, so not wanting to crack it I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how it comes out.

Thanks
    What model?
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

Thanks
    2011 XUV 825 I,,basic Gator.

Thanks
    I couldn't find anything specific in the workshop manual, but looking on line at the parts catalog it looks like only two screws holding it on. These aren't the most detailed drawings, so it is difficult to be certain.

Tried posting a picture, but for some reason the website claims a .JPG file is an unsupported file format. (See post 12 for picture)
    Last edited by 200mph; 04-17-2016 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Ability to post pictures fixed on 4/15/16
    2012 JD855D OPS Black Poly Roof, Deluxe Cargo Box, Front and Rear Protection, Power Lift, Front Hood Rack, Rear Screen (homemade), 800 Watt Inverter, Front and Rear 4" square 27 watt LED lights, Bad Lands 2500lb Winch installed in bed, Front and Rear CV Guards

Thanks
    Thanks for your help. I've tried loosening the two screws but still can't get the lens to release without thinking I'm going to crack it. I'll visit the dealer in the future and ask the service dept to show me how to get it off. Thanks again.

Thanks
    I too have been wondering how to get to the bulbs, so please post a "how to" when you know :-)

Thanks.
    My ride:

XUV 825i Olive & Black with:
    Silver Alloy Wheels Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tires * High Performance Sport Seats - Black * Deluxe Cab Frame/Including Windshield, Wiper, Electrical Kit and Rear Window * Glass Door Kit - Deluxe Cab * Power and Front Protection Package * Rear Protection Package * Deluxe Cargo Box w/Polyurea Liner/Brake & Tail Lights & Protector * Visor Kit * Front Light Kit * Rear Light Kit * Interior Light Kit * Drawbar * Side Mirrors * Seat-Belt Comfort Straps * Cargo Box Divider * Horn Kit * Long Range Light Kit * Deluxe Signal Light Kit * Quiet Cab Kit * Wiper robot (aftermarket) * Radio system (aftermarket) * Grille mounted Illuminated Gator (home made) * Compass.

PS. Please dont flame me for my lousy English

Thanks
    FYI... I checked my 855D owners manual and technical manual and there are no details about removing/replacing the rear tail lights. It's crazy this is not covered in any of the manuals.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 200mph For This Useful Post:

bradhill (04-16-2016)

Thanks
    There are 2 allen head M6 bolts that hold the taillight in place. You need to open the tailgate to see them. Once those are removed the taillight housing can pull out. It may be a bit sticky with debris so you may have to work a little at pulling it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast