Thread: GATOR TASKING: Mowing Grass Along The Ars Natura

Thanks

GATOR TASKING: Mowing Grass Along The Ars Natura

C'mon, let me tell you a story about me and how I'm using my 550.

Near to my village is an old salt trading route, now used as a hiking trail. And on this trial you'll find an art-path called Ars Natura. For more informations, in english, click https://ars-natura-stiftung.de.
    Last year I took the decision to mow the grass around some artworks near to my home.

Transporting the push mower and the other tools is the right task for my XUV 550! Here two pics, showing us starting to our "work" - or better said hobby.

And when I'm driving on the hiking trial, the mower doesn't need to be fixed.

At last, the Gator In The Rain...

It's a nice hobby, why it's not raining, and if you're interested to see more pics, you can do this in my blog.

Beste Grüße aussem Chatten-Club, Wolle

Thanks
    Please tell more about the carrier for your lawnmower. It looks like it's powered or somehow helps you lift the mower.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    Hi, Dane. Several years ago, since the middle of the 1990's, I had some Audi A3 as business car. And when we went to the baltic sea for vacations, my wife liked to take her bicycle with her. Than I had other car brands (VW + Skoda) and the bike carrier stayed at my nephew for some years.
    In 2014, when I got the 550, I told my wife, that, maybe, I can fix a bike carrier at the 550 - maybe! So my suffering began, because my wife wanted a carrier at once!
    Here you can see my first thoughts, how to fix the carrier

And here's the result - in 2014. You can see, it works. And I'm seldom driving without the carrier.

Btw, here's a photo without the carrier - the first drive with my new 550!

Lifting the push mower on the carrier is no problem. It's a Viking mower and it's not so heavy. Viking is a part of STIHL and the mower is very reliable!

Thanks
    Very nice carrier.

I visited your blog and it made me think I need to go to the Netherlands once in summer. I'm familiar with November - February weather but it might be nice to once see fields of flowers and some warm weather and... SUN!
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dane For This Useful Post:

jd.rasentrac (05-05-2016)

Thanks
    Today we needed a ladder in the woods - the right transporting task for the 550

Thanks
    Setup. I like the weed wacker hang up. I have broke one because it hung out of the bed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WOEII View Post
    Setup. I like the weed wacker hang up. I have broke one because it hung out of the bed.
    Sorry, WOEII, but I don't understand the meaning of your answer. Can you explain it again - I've learned Oxford English at school,more than forty years ago