Thread: New XUV590i

Thanks

Question New XUV590i

Hi guys,

I just bought a XUV590i to go with my 3320. I'm looking for lights and mirrors. What is the best value?

Thanks
    Hi VT-Rider, congrats! Some of the fellows here can give you an answer - I'm to far away
    But, some pics would be nice...

Beste Grüße aussem Chatten-Club, Wolle

Thanks
    Define "best value". For a proper brand name light that you won't have to worry about I'd go with Rigid brand lights especially if you will using the Gator in the rain. I've have been using them for 3 or 4 years and have not had a failure or any indication that water is getting inside them. Even the electrical connectors have triple gasket automotive style connectors. On their website they also have very good data about the area their lights illuminate and to what intensity.

There are lots of less expensive clone light options. Many have trouble with the lights fogging or filling with water. When you first get them you can take them apart and silicone caulk the seams and lenses if you want to go cheap and do some work. Also take the specs for many lights with a grain of salt. I've compared some that stated high lumen numbers but were not as bright as my Rigids with a lower rating.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dane For This Useful Post:

jd.rasentrac (05-20-2016)

Thanks
    Best value would be different for most people. Get what you can afford, but also accept you get what you pay for. Rigids are the best out there pretty much, but there are tons of other options that will also fit the bill depending on your needs and budget. I have several different brands and they all have their pros and cons from the expensive rigids on my Jeep and Raptor to the the cheap $8 10" bar on my ATV and many in between. I'll be honest and say that the cheap ones are still bright and holding up for the most part, but you can tell the reason they are cheap.

Thanks

Light reccomendations

Vt-Rider, welcome to the club. These folks are correct, you get what you pay for. LEDs are the way to go, less power draw, more light. Rigid lights come with everything you need to install, wiring harness, brackets & switch, other mounting options available at additional cost. They also offer light covers in clear & different colors to protect the lights, that fit their specific models. All the lower cost lights are just the lights for the most part. Look at the Rigid lights with the High / low beam function, too. Wish they'd been available when I added mine. I've had mine for almost 4 years, my Gator is kept inside in unheated storage space, & have had no problems or concerns. Rigid comes on everytime.
    My friend uses Auxbeam on his 2016 Polaris Ranger & 25 year old Honda 4 wheeler, & hasn't had an issue yet, both lights in use less than 2 years.

1. Decide how much you can spend. John Deere's options are expensive. Amazon.com is a good place to purchase from, less expensive prices than the Rigid site. AuxBeams storefront hyperlink, for your use.
    2. Can you do the mechanic / electrical work yourself? If not ask somebody who has experience, before you purchase anything or begin install.
    3. How much light do you need? What will you need to light up? Are you trail riding, hunting, doing farm work, search & rescue? Rigid has a chart in their online catalog for their light types, driving, flood or spot lights that shows different spread patterns as Dane said.
    4. Do you need a) lights facing forward at brush guard height, roof height or in between on the roll bar b) lights facing toward the rear (great for closing gates at night, doing other night work or grilling off the back of your Gator.) Why use a flashlight or lantern when you have a UTV as a stable platform?
    5. The factory headlights are most likely yellow in color & not very bright, you can't see far or wide with these. You may want to replace those with something in the same color range as any auxiliary lights you buy. Ask the dealer what part # your bulbs are & get HID or LED conversion kit /replacements for them.
    6. As far as mirrors go, if you need a rear view, look for a Wide angle racing mirror. Make sure you secure any mirrors well, they will bounce & be difficult to look at in off road conditions.
    7. Side view mirrors, consider how wide the trail is before you buy. Where will you usually ride, see about break away mirrors that push themselves flat, instead of breaking off. Seizmik has different options. I haven't used these, though. Remember to check your OPS cage size before buying too, get the correct diameter bracket 1st time!

Last edited by BillT; 01-15-2018 at 10:58 PM.
    Bill T
    2014 Green & Yellow 825i w/ Power steering , Sport seats, poly cab & doors, front / rear CV guards & Terra 45 Superwinch along w/ Rigid Industries D2 driving lights on brush guard & SRQ2 diffused lights
    on back of cab. Set of Camso 2011 UTV S4 tracks for winter use!