Thread: 2012 stiff shift

Thanks

2012 stiff shift

I have a 2012 825 I, with 180 hrs on, experiencing difficulty shifting out of gear, both forward and reverse, even when RPM drops below 1050, any thoughts or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Turn off the engine. If it shifts with the engine off it's a good indication that your primary/drive clutch is sticking. You can replace the clutch with a new one but a better option is to have your clutch "tuned". On the other forum member MBdiagMan tunes clutches and there is also Griffin Performance that I think has an exchange service for their tuned clutches. MBDiaMan tuned my clutch last year and it's been bullet proof ever since and it's engagement and "gearing" transition is better than when it was new.
    XUV 550, engine replaced with Honda GX630, MBDiagman tuned primary clutch, all LED lighting, roof mounted Rigid LED lights, split no scratch wind screen, roof, home made rear panel & window and 1/2 doors, Super Winch 4500, set of CST Ancla tires & set of Carlisle All Trail tires

Thanks
    thanks, I'll start looking at my options.